Girls, do you ever ask a guy out?

So if there's a guy you know from somewhere that you get along with fairly well and you're pretty sure he's interested as well, do you ever ask them out?

I know it's a lot more common for guys to be the ones asking girls out, but out of curiosity I'm wondering if any girls are the ones who ask out?

• I always ask the guy out first
  • I sometimes ask the guy out first but only if I'm sure he likes me
  • I never ask out the guy first
  • Other (explain)
  • Results/I'm a guy

Most Helpful Girl

• i prefer to choose that be chosen. i know why I'm asking. i don't know his intention, and often guys don't know why they want, or they pretend to want something they don't want, or not want something they do want. I'm just very down to earth and honest about my intentions and interests. i am careful to know exactly why I'm doing things before i do them. I do not find this to be the case with most guys. Anyhow i enjoy the feeling of going after what i want. success or not. and rejection is important to live with. in many areas not just dating. I also want to bypass guys who think certain roles belong to them, and certain roles are my place. We would never get along, and Asking guys out helps me save time, bc guys who expect gender roles are turned off by my initiating.

• One more thing. I am very logical in my interactions with people. guys often play games high to me is irrational. Many guys claim they do this because it is how Women interact with Men, and Men need to interact with Women in kind. This is nonsense the lacks all accountability. I have no interest in being treated like an idiot because some guy has idiotic expectations of Women.

Most Helpful Guy

• they don't need to man.

if you're over a 7.5/10+ and or wealthy, girls make it obvious they like you. they'll give you the puppy eyes, hang onto your words try to socialize with you and will even initiate contact / offer their number to you.

if they ever want to go after a guy that they really desire, they skip the games and make it 95% obvious. If the guys too stupid to realize, they'll lose interest. They'll literally wave a sign in your face in a case like that.

• I actually agree with this. Well said.

• Why can't they just say something... Why the games... Always with the games.. I don't play those games if I like a girl... Thas exactly what I say to her... I LIKE YOU... What's so hard about that for them... That's annoying

What Girls Said 69

• I'm not sure if this story counts because I was so young but I'll tell it anyway.

When I was 8 I had this huge crush on my brothers friend. When I was 10 the crush was still there and only my friends and brother knew about it (only my brother had left by this point). One day I admitted to 1 of my classmates too and it got around the class. My classmate offered to tell my crush for me seeing as though he was a year above me and would be leaving in 2 days. I thought, why not?

At break my classmate asked and came back to me saying "Sorry, he isn't interested". I wasn't actually too affected by it, I mean I hadn't heard from my crush himself so it didn't feel 100% real and I could just ignore him and try like someone else. Later though, 2 other of my classmates who were bullies came to me saying they'd asked and he'd said yes. I told them "No, he said no". They were confused how I knew but told me he wanted to see me and dragged me over to him, he tried to spare my feelings by saying he already had a girlfriend and went to walk away but they pulled him bk and kept onto him until he whispered to me "Sorry, but no". I was so embarrassed that had to happen in front of everyone and cried and felt terrible for ages. I never asked a boy out again.

I had also heard stories online of girls telling guys they liked them and if the guy doesn't like them back they would ignore them and not speak to them and stop being their friend. I was scared of that too. Last time I got a crush I didn't ask him out or tell him I liked him, I just tried to flirt and hint at it, he admitted he liked me and asked me out, and now he is my boyfriend so I think that turned out okay.

• Yes, I ask men out. But I'm ugly and bad at it, so they've all rejected me lol But that isn't gonna stop me from keep trying!

• Assuming that was you in your former profile pic, I cannot agree you are ugly. I would have said the same when I was your age.

• @dipta ok, y'all say that now, just wait until I post that pic

• Just because you may not look as good with a certain outfit or in a certain day doesn't mean you're actually ugly, lol.
      I've seen your picture before, you're cute.

• I asked my current boyfriend on our first date. To be fair, he asked to make us official, but I like to think I took the initiative to start seeing each other lol

• I usually did the asking but only because my dad told me when I was young that boys were going to be intimidated by how "pretty" I am and that made him less worried. Ha. Now I'm not full of myself but him telling me that made me think I'd need to take the initiative. I can't be that pretty I've been turned down a couple times. Lol
    I asked my husband out when we first met. That one worked out. =)

• I asked my boyfriend out.

• um! If I like you enough I WILL TELL U!

• I wish that I could have more guts to ask the guy out... I'd throw hints that I like him, but doubt I'd be so direct to say it right to his face/ask him.
    Pity for me... However, I think if he REALLY were so/that interested, he probably would have asked anyway... soo... I guess, that's a no, I don't.

• While I prefer the guy ask me out, sometimes we have to do it. If he's shy or otherwise clueless to our interest.

• I don't know what you mean by "always ask the guy first". Many guys ask me out and I most of the times I haven't even thought of them like that.

I rarely like guys or even had crushes. The two guys I liked I asked out: went out with the first one but he only wanted to have fun... the second one I kinda already knew he wasn't immune to me (which helped a lot after the other experience) and we have been dating for almost a year now :)

I voted B but I'm not sure that's the right answer.

• I'm not the type to wait around and I usually go for shy guys so I always approach first and ask them out. I asked out my boyfriend and that worked out for me obviously lol

• I never ask out a man. I don't fear rejection and I don't lack confidence. I get REALLY turned on if a guy approaches me with confidence. I would NOT date a man that I had to approach myself anyway, because I would consider him insecure somewhat and lose respect.

I only really asked one guy out ever and that was in the 7th grade (and yes, I did the dumb "Will you date me?" Check yes or no box). :D

• Wait what...

"I would NOT date a man that I had to approach myself anyway, because I would consider him insecure somewhat and lose respect."

LETS swop things around a little

"I would NOT date a women that I had to approach myself anyway, because I would consider her insecure somewhat and lose respect."

Does that make sense to you?

• So lack of confidence means insecure, so the fact that you put makeup on means you lack confidence and are there for insecure your self, but a guys not allowed to be cause gender roles...

• Then again, certain men would think the same thing. "She doesn't want to approach me, therefore she is insecure and not worth my time". Flawed logic.

• I have no problems asking a guy out. I obviously prefer it if the guy asks me but I understand that in today's society men are often hesitant to approach women.

• 90% of the time I have to.

• I'm shy so asking a guy out is impossible for me. The most I can do is smile and show some interest but usually I get so nervous I can't ask much.

• shyness only exists as long as you nurture it. you can work for way to of it.

• I get wayyyy too nervous. I prefer the guy to ask me first, but I don't mind asking him to hang out or to see him another time.

• I sometimes ask a guy out first. We might get to talking and I see how funny he is, I'll ask. Not necessarily because I'm sure he likes me.

• Only if he and I are friends. In my freshman year of high school, I asked out this guy I was crushing on (who later became my boyfriend) and got rejected. I stopped asking guys out after that : Now, I'm interested in my close friend, but since we're friends it's easy to casually ask to hang out and it's natural because he asks me too.

• I've never been asked out.. Yet been in a lot of relationships. I always done the asking. If I haven't, they most likely wouldn't of.

• Hell to the Never!
    At least no initially

If he asked me out first I might ask for the second, third, etc... most I do is suggest but not legitimately ask like time, place

I don't mind asking for his number or even approaching introducing myself but I'm not gonna make the first real move. I won't kiss a guy first either- never tried probably never will

• Even though I am very shy, I've asked all my crushes out, but then again, they either rejected or considered me a friend :/
    I would prefer having the guy ask me out, but that doesn't really happen to me because of my appearance.

• B sounds legit

• Like with online dating and stuff some people can be nervous and I don't necessarily call it a date but I'll ask them if they want to meet at Starbucks or want to go to a local diner so it takes the pressure off of him

• Always if I'm interested I go after him. I know what I want and that's it. It works out very well for me. My partner and I now have been together 2years and it started out with me just saying I was interested and if he wanted to go get some chicken wings and beer. Ladies don't be afraid to make the first move, the worse that could happen is he says no.

• That's the thing. Right now I'm in a situation with this guy I know from high school. The thought of asking him out is really nerve racking, and I think he's shy. So that makes it hard and plus it's also hard because we haven't actually seen each other in over 2 years but we're friends on Facebook. I really don't know what to do

• I have before and I would do it again.

• Im always too shy to ask a guy out, so I'd never do it. Plus in the back of my mind I think its like you're putting yourself down and are desperate for him. Also, I've been told the guy takes advantage of the girl if he knew she likes him... guess my high school mentality stayed with me for so long.

• Um no.

Have you seen a relationship that started with the girl asking the guy out?

Better question: a marriage? Didn't think so.

It's a small percentage if you have, but I don't want to risk that when I could potentially have someone who really wants me.

:\

Voted C by the way.

• I'm currently in a relationship that started by me asking my current boyfriend out. I have no doubts that we'll get married sometime soon.

Of course you won't see relationships like that often if you stay in your little 1950's gender roles.

• I asked out my Husband. We've been together for 13 years married for 9 :D

• First of all i don't need anyone's opinion to my opinion. To plan a date is guys job not girls, im not going to date a guy who i asked him out bc he's shy and insecure I don't know.. I don't need a shy guy anyways we girls like men who are strong and they caree to ask for a date im got going to play guys's role here+ most girls have high standards and prestige Only a man can fix that by him asking her out:)

• Errm... I have a problem with this part: "and you're pretty sure he's interested as well". No, I wouldn't ask him out in this case, because I don't understand why he won't make a move if "he is interested as well", why won't he go after what he wants?
    So, yeah, I do ask out only when I'm not "pretty sure" guy likes me.

• I usually do. Sometimes I get beaten to it.

• More from Girls
    39

What Guys Said 15

• By "I sometimes ask the guy out first..." they mean "I sometimes suggest dates he should take me on when we're an actual couple."

• hahaha yeah probably

• every girl on this site: "yeah I ask out guys sometimes"
      every guy in real life: "I have never heard of a girl asking a guy out like holy fuck that'd be a miracle"

• I've half been asked out, my best friend who's a girl knows I like her and I've been having some issues with illness (throwing up) but it's stopped now. When I told her it stopped she said "yay :) so where are we going out for dinner?" and now we pretty much have a first date planned :P

• Well, I am sure nowadays women also ask men out if they are interested.

• women don't ask out men any more than they did 20 years ago.

• it's ok i didn't read anything past zero.

• @orphan That's fine, you don't have to!!, I am not bothered

• So I would just like to point out that a lot of guys won't approach women because they have been burnt far to many times before. Weather it be from misreading her or her just simply not having interest. I think a lot of you girls don't realize how humiliating it is to be rejected in public not to mention it's a killer blow to confidence and self esteem. You also need to realize that not every dude exudes confidence and you might be passing up a wonderful person all because he didn't wanna get burnt again.

• I was asked out recently, so yes they do.

• I just got asked out actually, I would have ask her out but she told me she didn't want to start a relationship since she going to college far away next thing I know she kissing me a week later tell me she thinking about going to college near me. But then again life is strange.

• my experience no but they will surely drop you hints

• No and I don't think they ever will, not for me anyways. I don't feel comfortable being an ass, like I've noticed some women enjoy being around. Seems like too much work

• i was asked out to prom in 9th grade grade... i was like her 3rd choice..

first and last time

• 41% never ask thew guy out first :/

• I don't ask out a girl if I'm not sure she's into me, if I sense it or she tells me then yes I proceed to do it.

• To add no girl have ever asked me out straight up, it's all through suggestion and indirectly, I don't know if that counts, indirect approach

• The only guys women ask out are the good looking tall rich ones.

• Yes, my mom asked me out before

• I only ever in my life heard a woman say that she asked a guy out on this site. I've never heard a guy in real life ever say a woman asked him out. I asked If anyone on here knew where I could find such women but no one could even answer which leads me to believe that they are just saying they approached guys just to act like it does exist.

• Answers are understandable