He texted me "damn I forgot about you" after not texting for 3 days?

He didn't text me for 3 days but I saw he was online on whatsapp and he updated his facebook. We haven't been dating that long so this seemed like a red flag to me.

He texted me at night on the 3rd day of not texting me saying "damn I forgot about you."

Is he letting me know he lost interest?

Most Helpful Guy

• He just isn't that interested in you. Time to move on.

Most Helpful Girl

• Thats sketchy. I feel like if he actually liked you that he wouldn't "forget about you." But also some people do the three day rule before texting back. Maybe he was joking when he said that but that is so rude. If I were you I would be offended and just move on

• I know that's probably one of the rudest things a guy has sent me. I already deleted his number from my phone.

• I agree. Thank you :)

• No problem! and Good Luck!

What Guys Said 8

• Worth a second chance. But if it's a common issue then it's not worth your time.

• He explained to me what happened and what kept him busy for 3 days. He apologized and I think we're good for now but I made it clear that if he did it again we were done.

• it could be a few things.

1. i doubt he lost interest
    2. maybe hess trying to get you to text him more?
    3. maybe he's trying to lower your value if he's insecure about his own
    4. he's lost interest but i seriously doubt it
    5. he's busy but i seriously doubt that would keep him from responding for three days

• It wasn't responding it was initiating the conversation. The last time I texted him when he hadn't texted me first he was acting weird so I decided to let him text first.

• @Araya well he told me what happened to keep him from texting for days. He is taking Adderall to focus on school but it affects his moods. He said he didn't want to say anything to offend or hurt me. Not really sure how I feel about that though.

• @Araya I beg to differ in your definition about dating is a relationship. Dating for guys and some women is just dating. It isn't a commitment. They can date a lot of guys or girls before they decide which one is right for them. For a guy, they'll date to know the girl more. They will move to the next if they are not interested. Would you call that a relationship? A relationship for a guy or to some women is entirely defined as something else; that ranges to purely sexual to a long distance relationship.

Shit if women perceives dating as an automatic and exclusive relationship straight up, we're in trouble. Dating is only a process to determine if the prospect is a suitable partner for you in the long run. People in this process is not obligated to you whatsoever.

You made a couple of good points; however that's for those in a relationship. She didn't say boyfriend/husband. Hence, Rufus opinions were sound and answering from facts within the post itself. Details came later.

• Maybe that's his attempt at a cheesy pick-up line to break the ice after not talking to you for three days.

The whole reel, slack, reel thing.

• Ehhhhhhh... Sounds like a player to me darlin... If it is actually OFFICIAL... If he's on what's app? Yea I don't know...

• He forgot about you.

• If he's kept busy it could be that it slipped his mind to contact ya.

• But to say he forgot me?

• It's a bit like asking why a bird flew into a window. The obvious answer is because the bird didn't see the window. But the bird could have been chased. Or it could have hit a downdraft of air. There's no real knowing.

Without knowin this guy, I can't know what he's like. Whether he's disloyal, forgetful, busy, uncaring. The possibilities go on and on.

• He didn't the other women must not be responding so it was your turn

• You don't forget about the person you like... lol

What Girls Said 16

• Hate the be the bad news messenger here, but if he "forgot about you"... he's obviously not too interested. Sorry

• I figured he wasn't. :(

• True*

• Very true. Good luck with everything and keep your head up! = )

• I said that to someone once and as a joke and thought it was hilarious but then realised after I sended it, it sounded horrible haha. If he's being serious though that's pretty crappy. You can do better than someone who 'forgets about you'!

• He apologized in the morning. He was on Adderall so it affects his mood and sense of humor.

• Yeah I decided to give him another chance but I let him know things that were dealbreakers for me. Thanks :)

• Hopefully it works out! :)

• Yes! Move on... unless you like assholes!

• 1. He could have lost interest
    2. Not coming on to strong (reverse psychology)
    3. Said that to see how you reacted to it so he can get a better idea of your intentions with him

• He isn't that interested in texting you. He should text you everyday, since you two are dating.

• That's a red flag to me. You don't "forget" about your girlfriend unless if you're not interested to begin with. Especially if you two have spoken a lot using those social media sites.

He's either playing a game (some guys think that they shouldn't contact a woman until after 3 days so that he can be on her mind constantly) or he truly doesn't find you as important as you should be.

Ditch this loser.

• I would have to say move on.

If a guy likes you, he wouldn't suddenly up and forget about you. Even if it is just a budding relationship the feelings dwindle. I don't think he feels the same way you do.

• wtf... this is an issue haha

• Text back "who are you?" haha. MOVE ON.

• he's not interested. don't waste your time on that, waste your feelings and interest in someone who's worth your time.

• I feel like he was just busy doing something else and when he realized he hadn't texted you for 3 days he wanted wanted to let you know that he was still thinking about you. I don't think he would have texted you if he didn't want to text you again.

• That would be a big read flag to me and yes, move on.

• Don't waste time. Count yourself lucky that he spoke his mind and told you that info.

• You are so much better than that. Leave it.

• If you're the shy type Or not flirty don't take it personal. Maybe it was a joke... I wouldn't take him as seriously anymore

• I would not stay around a guy who "forgot about me" like what does he think I am? He can fuck off.