My ex broke up with me over text - is that acceptable?

I'll keep it short. I've been dating or had been this guy for 3 months. We split up for a week and got back together. Since then, he's been really affectionate. He even suggested we move in together eventually. Last week, he told me that he couldn't imagine himself with anyone else and I'm smoking hot, blah blah. I thought things were going well. Then I looked at my phone today and he told me were are better off as friends because we don't have the same interests and our hangouts get boring... Soon after he said he wants to be friends and if I ever needed anything he'd be there. I'm so confused. I even called him to tell him it was insensitive to do it via text and never answered. Also I saw him earlier that day at the college so he had an opportunity then. I'm just baffled as he was acting normal too.

Most Helpful Guy

• Acceptable? It's poor white-trash form to break up like that. But what can you do but accept it. Don't take him up on his offer to 'be there.' He's immature on so many levels.

What Guys Said 7

• At best he's a coward. But he might be dishonest too. I would say that you better off without someone like this in your life. A decent person would not end a relationship this way or for such stupid reasons.

• Is it acceptable? Of course not. It should be done in person however you should breathe a sign of relief your no longer with someone who behaves so childish.

• That is an immature way to handle a break up and disrespectful. He should have done it in person. Unfortunately technology has offered any easy way out of relationships now and most people use it

• No. Tell me his address. Bruh has no swag. #noswag
    Not cool.

• are you sure he isn't a girl? lol

• It is never acceptable to break up over text, its insensitive and disrespectful.

• Someone did that to me, but I had just called her ugly, so...

What Girls Said 0