Would you be part of a polyamorous relationship?

I was wondering how many people would be in a polyamorous relationship where there are 2 girls and 2 guys and it's not only accepted but encouraged for the 4 of you to swap partners and be sexually active together

• I would try it
  • I wouldn't try it

Most Helpful Guy

• Poly is an umbrella term for anything not monogamous and it comes in a variety of flavours. I'm in a poly relationship. I have my primary partner, my baby girl in a d/s relationship and a friends with benefits who I'm waiting for a reply right now if she wants sex or not (with the consent of my primary partner). Our rules are always: first and foremost my primary partner. The rest are basically casual friend with benefits and I have to let the girls know before hand. It's lots of work and communication.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hahahaha.

So much oh hell no, this.

No, no, and no.
    Sry y'all, but, if "polyamorous" is a possibility, then you just don't know what "amorous" even is.
    Amorous.
    Love.
    Crazy irrational heartrending aching omg can't-think-about-anything-else fuck-it-bet-it-all love.
    You've never had it.

Folks, there's a reason why Romeo and Juliet is Romeo and Juliet, and not Romeo and Juliet and Danny.

There's a reason why, even when there ARE "love triangles", they STILL aren't actually triangular.

There's a reason.

True love -- the kind that makes a whole heartbreaking life of failures worth it, with just one glance -- is strictly between 2 people. And it's intense, and it's scary.

"Polyamory" is one way to hide from that. It's a way to minimize emotional risk, by diversifying a portfolio. In other words, y'all scared. Scared of real love.

What Guys Said 15

• That is called swinging, and it is common for bored middle aged couples, a lot more than most people realize.

• Yes. I can say that with confidence because I'm polyamorous and currently in a polyamorous relationship. It isn't for everyone, but it is for some.

• Never, never, never. I am a bit of a possessive partner and my girl is definitely my girl and so I am hers. Sharing is not always caring.

• Wouldn't even consider it.

• Depending on the personalities involved, I would consider it, although I'd prefer just three people with the other two being a male and female.

• nooooooooooooo shit is too confusing, and I know from people I talk too that feelings get involved and fluctuate all the time

they care for one minute
    then next minute they don't care
    they don't know what they want I can't deal with that

• No, that's for the emotionally crippled.

• Would be nothing more than a casual sex/fwb/one-night stand level of relationship to me.

• no not my thing

• No thanks.

• No, no, no and f uck no.

• Sounds draining

Why wouldn't u just have a bunch of one night stands instead?

• polyamory is about loving more persons at the same time. I couldn't do that at all.
    Having multiple sexual relations at the same times seems more doable

but still pass for that

• i was a second in a poly relationship for a couple months as a personal experience experiment. It was pretty awesome, but I couldn't get emotionally connected and she could feel it and needed it from a partner so we stopped.

• Nope

What Girls Said 12

• Not in that sense. I may consider having two partners where the three of us are in a committed relationship, no swapping or casual sex involved.

• I can't I am sorry! Its not who I am!

• haha, yeah no.

• If it works for other people and it's all ll consensual and respectful that's great, but it'd never work for me.

• No thanks. Not interested. Been approached many a time. Super not interested.

• Fuck No !
    I'm a strictly monogamous person, in every aspect: Sexual and "Amorous" .

• Never done it but I'd try it to see what it's like. However I'd prefer everyone together instead of swapping partners. Swapping wouldn't work for me i believe.

• I'm a one dick chick. Not interested in anything else in a relationship.

• Nope. Not my thing.

• I wouldn't. I have nothings against people who are though.

• No thanks.

Not appealing

• No, I wouldn't be able to handle it.