Is it bad that I am white, and want to have white kids with a white guy?

I've been told that it's racist... why? I think everyone should preserve their culture. :)

I think everyone should be able to preserve their culture.*

Most Helpful Guy

• Most white people don't really care to engage in interracial so don't feel bad. Most of us are quite happy dating our own white men/women. And from my experience, white women tend to be the best partners.

Most Helpful Girl

• As long as you don't hate other races, then that is a racist attitude. Just basing it off your original question, it doesn't sound racist to me. I don't see/hear hate.

• Thank you for being sane. It seems people are quick to get mad.

• Sure. It's not rational to just jump to that (like some have). I don't automatically assume racism unless you hear mean, antagonistic, hateful remarks. Yours didn't have any of that.

• From my experience, it's usually the most open-minded who jump to conclusions. I saw nothing racist in her statements either.

What Guys Said 33

• Everyone has preferences, what is offputting to me is that you align race with culture and that everyone should preserve their culture. what you're really saying since you align them together is that everyone should preserve their skin tone.

Great - I guess that leaves someone like me, a mulatto - a mixed person, someone who doesn't identify as any race or color, only as human , pretty much out in the slums to date my hand right?

I don't think I could view anything you say in an intelligent light again with the sheer lack of consideration you seem to give outside of your own skin tone affinity.

Seeing the people you upvoted and gave the award as well as many other people here saying things like that truly shows me that we really haven't progressed mentally off of racial issues at all.

Where does a mixed person, who is not accepted in any community -

you prefer whites and the blacks in that case should prefer blacks -

where do the mixed people go, who are thrown together with god knows what races?

What kind of culture are we preserving, when we don't have one?

• I'm glad I wasn't the only mixed person thinking this. Like... I celebrate both my Cuban heritage and my white heritage... why should I have to pick on or the other?

• Well, culture and skin tone aren't necessarily synonymous for starters.

Anyway, it's difficult for me to answer these questions. Like, I can understand wanting to preserve one's culture, but to say that racial preference isn't discriminatory in the *slightest* doesn't compute in my brain.

Now, I don't think that all (or even the majority) of people with racial preferences are ill-intentioned, but you've gotta admit, the stronger a person's racial preferences get, the weirder the whole concept seems.

• as simply put as possible?
    no.
    wanting a mate that is your ethnicity/culture is normal. Almost all ethnic groups have more people who date WITHIN the group than without.
    And wanting a child who looks like you is normal too.
    Thinking non-white are inferior to whites is racist. thinking you would prefer to date someone from the same culture/ethnicity that you come from, and to raise a child in that situation, is NOT racist.

• why is that bad?

where is this guilt coming from?

• I don't know.. they teach us that we're bad in school and in the media. :/

• Teachers, news, etc

• its sooo weird. its like school and the media makes some minoriies feel inferior and so they feel less. and they make some white peopel feel like they are considered superior and oppressors and so they feel guilty. so complaicated

• Problem is, what if your perfect guy ends up being another race?

It just seems pretty short-sighted to narrow your chance and not give someone a chance because they are of a different color and culture.

I truly believe in the right to choose for all individuals and you are not being racist in choosing what you prefer... just saying, if a golden opportunity arises, he may not come in the form or package you believe it should be.

In my mind it would be awful to miss out on really good thing!

• Nope. I want to have kids with a white girl because I like white girls and I haven't met any non-white girls to crush on.
    I'm also half Mexican half white, so no, I'm not just trying to make purebred white kids.

• No, it's your preference. I don't really think it's something bad or good, it's just the way you want it and you have every right to do so.

It's absolutely not racist, racism is hating on other people of specific race for no other reason than the fact that they belong to this race. For example, you not being attracted to dark/light skin is not racist, however you hating on people just because they have dark/light skin is racist.

• I'm actually honestly surprised that not a single gager here said that you're racist. A miracle pretty much.

• Not at all, your wishes and desires are yours and you have the right to achieve them, just try not to impede on other's chances, and be open to new ideas too.

• Is it bad that I'm white and prefer girls who aren't white and I'd prefer not to have white babies? I want to enrich my culture by adding something new instead of just preserving it. Is that racist?

• People will tell you you're fetishizing people of color to fulfill white supremacist fantasies therefore you're racist.

• Well I wouldn't let those people get in the way of me living my life lol

• I was only kidding in this answer. I don't care about skin color at all.

• Nope completely normal. Its not racism, its called preference and free will. That is when PC people step over the line... telling you who you can and cannot be with.

• It's racist.

It's an acceptable form of racism, but it's still racist.

All Hitler really wanted to do was to make white babies and preserve their culture too.

• How racist.
    Loljk

• It's not bad as long as the reason is because you hate other races.

• People saying that's racist are idiots. You're right people want to preserve culture. People also have preferences. I am not racist, but I prefer white girls. That doesn't mean that I hate all colored people. True racists are the ones who hate a race. They are attempting reverse racism

• No, And f*ck anyone who thinks differently. It's sad you feel the need to be anonymous while asking this :P

• It's not really a racist thing that's like saying only being sexually attracted to exotic women is racist.. it really isn't it's just a preference

• Race and culture are not the same.

• I want to preserve my culture also

• I get know why there are lots of people deactivating
    to answer do whatever you want

• As long as you don't try to give shit to interracial couples and children, you're fine.

• No it's not racist... You want what you want... So does everyone else... It is discrimination technically... But it's not racist... It's your body/life... Do what you want with it

• LMFAO tell them to stfu that is not racist at all. It is your preference

• It's not racist.

• Who cares what people think. Live your life how you want to live it. Forget political correctness.

• No, it's not

• It's %100 normal , if white races didn't marry each other , they will be the first race to extinct

• It's only bad if there's any other reason apart from natural attractiveness of your own race

• My culture is my culture. My kids skin tone isn't the basis of it. Whatever they are, i'd share my culture with them.

TBH i have kids, and as it turns out, both their mother and i have european roots. But not the same parts of Europe. So they get both cultural heritages. Is there a little more overlap then if one of us was from asia or africa? Perhaps. But so what? They're multicultural either way.

• agreed completely

• More from Guys
    3

What Girls Said 20

• "Preserve their culture" that part rubbed me the wrong way.
    You can have MORE than one culture.
    Being in a interracial relationship does not dilute that, only ignorance does.

It's okay to have a preference, but statements like that sound pure racist.

• It wouldn't be bad xD
    You still have the right to choose your hubby? choose ot have or not children?
    well it's all good :D

• no it's not. u have a preference. but when u said 'I think everyone should preserve their culture', i changed my mind. that's just not okay to think like that.

• It is what it is.

Mostly, though, you shouldn't feel the need to ask or apologize. If you feel like you have to ask -- even anonymously -- then you owe yourself some soul-searching.

I did notice the 3 uses of white.
    I take this to mean yr open to adoption? Because if not, you presumably would've just written "... kids with a white guy"?

• I wouldn't mind helping some orphaned children if I had the money. :)

• There is nothing racist in wanting to date in your own race but don't mix race and culture.
    Though the statement about "I think everyone should preserve their culture" was really not necessary and it doesn't even make sense. Who are you to judge what other people do. You do your own thing, good for you but there's no need and it's stupid to say everyone should do the same thing.

• I didn't mean it like that. I mean everyone should be able to without being judged.

• No need to get mad. I put something in the update after I posted the question. People make mistakes.

• no, I mean, I'm not mad, I'm pretty much relax and calm right now. I'm laying in my couch. I don't get mad over something random like that.

• It's not racist.
    But I don't necessarily agree with the 2nd part " everyone should preserve their culture", everyone is free to do whatever they want, if they don't want to preserve their culture, then let it be... they're not OBLIGED to do so and you can still preserve your culture by intermarrying.

• You're told it's racist because you turn down people because of their race. I know we can't be attracted to everyone, but I think personality and chemistry makes us (not/) feel something for someone. That doesn't mean you have to date a person from a different race to not be racist. You can date a person from the same race and not be racist. The difference is that you are turning guys down because of their race and treating someone differently because of their race is racist. That doesn't make you a bad person, there are a lot of racist ideas we all have because there have been planted in our brains since we were children.

• Like you and your self-racism?

• Cool (: shoo

• Aww shoo to you too my racist friend

• no that's not racist? do people even know what racism is anymore?

• No. Most people want their kids to look like them.

• Give that white cootchie to whoever you want.

• No why would it be? It's your preference. I can respect you wanting to stick within your race that doesn't make you racist. But you can't expect everyone to do the same.

To each their own as I like to say.

• If you prefer white guys it's your choice but don't go around telling some cock and bull story about wanting to preserve your culture. Germans, swedes, italians, brits, greeks and etc are all white people... What culture are you striving to preserve exactly?

• No its not bad. And yes, you are entitle to your preferences. It only becomes and issue when people think that it's ok to bash what they don't consider a preference.

• I guess I chose not to care about preserving culture according to you... Although, my kid will be multicultural. You're not racist, but I can tell how close minded you are, but thats fine.

• "I think everyone should preserve their culture"
    Where you intending that as race instead? As long As you keep that to yourself then I see nothing racist here.

• thats ok ignore them. its not the kind of racism that affects anyone so its ur call what u want

• No , it's not. In fact , I want the same thing. But we'll see , all never know lol

• yeah i'm only attracted to black guys (my boyfriend is black ) but i want my kids to be white like me. i think it's a little bit racist.

• Ummm no... I'm black and want to have my babies by a black man... I'm dating a black guy right now

• As long as you don't get jealous of other race girls who date white guys

• Do you date white guys?

• You shouldn't worry about people judging you

• That's true