Would You Date Someone Who Didn't Use Social Media?

What do you guys think about people who doesn't use social media and would you date them? I personally would as it doesn't make them less of a human for not being or having an online presence. Discuss and keep the comments polite !

• Yes, I would date them.
  • No, I woudln't.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would date if course and even prefered that, once today everyone is attached to the phones...

• I'm agreeing with you, I was in a train a few days ago and I didn't use my phone and when I looked around everyone was on their smartphones O_o, I bet in the old days you could strike some interesting conversation and even make some friends and now? They most of the time think you are weird as fuck if you do it.

• @Lyhra4 You are welcome ;)

• Thank you for the MHO :D

Most Helpful Guy

• This blows my mind that this is even a question. As a guy who cut his chops in the dating game in the pre-Internet world, writing girls' number on napkins or random scraps of paper or just the palm of your hand, being able to contact them only if they were at home, having a PAGER to be gotten in contact with, calling chicks from pay phones, etc... you kids are shooting fish in a barrel nowadays. From Tinder to Match. com, you guys have all the bases covered, plus there's still real life encounters. I would have fucking SUPER-AIDS by now if we had this shit when I was single😂😂😂 I mean, at the same time, I personally would avoid meeting people online I think, or at least I'd strongly prefer to just meet people through my everyday life. I don't know why I feel like that, maybe it seems to me like people online have something to hide, or some glaring physical flaw that they need to get their foot in the door with their personality to overcome. I'm sure that's inaccurate and totally unfair to say, but that's the kind of thing that goes through my head, haha. I just see so much misrepresentation of themselves from so many people, I guess I just don't trust it. Maybe if I suddenly found myself single I'd change my tune. The other way to look at it is that there's a veritable "menu" of dates to choose from, should the feelings be mutual, in which case that sounds kinda cool. But I digress...

The point is, I think it's a sad day when it looks "suspicious" if you don't use social media, or its viewed as some kind of shortcoming, that's maybe the most absurd thing I'll hear all day. I don't have Facebook, and I never will. It's not because I have something to hide... I'm only hiding myself from unwanted interactions with people I'm not that fond of or clowns that I've left in the past. Like if I don't know your current whereabouts and contact info, 99% chance that I don't give a fuck about you and have no interest in knowing you anymore. I make it a point to stay in as much control as I can of who is and isn't in my life. I don't have enough free hours in the day to waste them on people I don't like or don't feel any type of way about. My girlfriend made me make a MySpace years ago, and all of these people I don't really like and just tolerate start hitting me up and losers I thought I had shaken free of are suddenly walking back in the door. I'm all set. I don't need a shrine to myself, which is basically all a Facebook is.

What Girls Said 18

• Yes, It'd be a relieve and a breath of fresh air.
    So many people validate their self worth over social media, it's really sad!!
    I like someone that seems simple and down to Earth, that does not follow all that internet drama.

• That's not even a factor for me. I honestly don't care if they do or don't and if they don't then more power to them!

• My guy never uses social media. We aren't even Facebook friends. Been together over a year, so it's never been a problem.

• No, because it's such a big part of my life and how I communicate and stay in touch with people. If he's not checking in and keeping up during the week, then he'll have no idea what I'm talking about and have to explain everything that happened when we talk or see each other. I have family members who don't use social media and it gets really old having to re-text or re-explain everything all the time. It's so much easier if he keeps up.

As well there's just a lot of my personality on the Facebook page. So if you're not seeing me interacting with other people and what types of things I'm posting you don't really know me. I put up occasional jokes and cat photos, but also a lot of very deep philosophical questions and comments. I post articles relating to medicine, to mental health, to politics, culture and spirituality. There's a lot of ME on social media.

Plus, it's an excellent way to gauge that other person's true identity and not just the person they're trying to be when they are around you.

• I prefer a guy who isn't obsessed with social media. I think it's weird how guys take selfies nowadays and are all preppy. If a guy was obsessed with social media I probably wouldn't date him.

• sure i would.

• How do you know they're a real person?

• Uh, because you met them IN REAL LIFE?

• Couldn't you just tell him you're not interested and if he continues then punch him? I don't know your culture so I can't say but here you'd be the rude one for not saying something when passing someone

• @Indigocloud it's not rude in my culture to ignore strangers. Everyone does it. Most people who approach you on the street here are hustlers or annoying "charity" workers trying to get your credit card info.

• Yes because I'm one of them. xD
    That's a plus, not a minus in my book. A huge plus.

• P. S. This site - a forum... not social media site.

• Can you explain why it's a big plus?

• People who don't have social media accounts usually aren't that preoccupied with others and their lives, they don't gossip as much nor do they stalk their exes incessantly. (I'm talking about the normal, every day person here... not a nutter who will stalk someone no matter what.)

• Of course I would! So stupid and superficial if you wouldn't.

• Um, yeah

Though I'd probably ask why, not because I'm turned off by their not having social media specifically, but I'd wonder how they keep updated on world events and stuff going on in their community.

:\

• Well, you don't need to have a social media account to be updated with world events, you have multiple other ways of doings so, Apps, RSS or perhaps websites? Anyway, why so sad at the end? O_o

• Besides G@G I don't use social media as well, so I couldn't care less.

• Sure I would.

• Where is this guy? I hate social media. I just have email, instagram and snapchat to keep in touch with my family but i rarely use it. I'm often criticized for not having Facebook but i don't care. I would love to date a guy like that

• I feel like a person would be even more connected to you, to the world if they weren't distracted by social medias. Honestly, this question is kind of ridiculous. I mean sure, it might be harder to connect when you aren't actually in each other's presence, but other than that...

• Yes in a heartbeat

• My wife doesn't use social media.

• I would love to find someone like that.

• Of course I would. I prefer it that way tbh.

What Guys Said 11

• I don't have any social media either (depends if you count GAG and Skype or not), so I wouldn't see a problem at all :)

• If they didn't participate in ANY single social media platform, that'd be pretty weird to me.

• i dont know what to pick it's really a good question really i like this question but yea i like to give them a chance and if it's there ego then yea ill wouldint date them cuz who doesint like there girlfriend that looks on facebook 24 hours that's fucking stupid and that's just me

• I'd absolutely love to. There would much more time for each other instead of constantly checking a phone or computer to see what their friends ate for dinner and really "meaningful" stuff like that.

• Yeah I don't care about that stuff.

• sure, I don't care if they use it or not

• I don't use social media that often anyway. Of course I would.

• YES! I hate FB, Twitter, Instagram and whatever new such BS came out this week.

• I sure would. I don't have social media myself, I find it pointless.

• Yes of course.

• Yes I would. It doesn't matter if they use social media or not