Do women still want Flowers and Candy for Valentines Day in 2016?

• Yes
  • No

4419

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Flowers and candy are just formality.

"Do they want these things?"
    -No

"Why?"
    -Too cheap and monotonous.

"Would they like it?"
    -Yes

"Why would they like it if they don't want it?"
    -Again, formality. That would make them feel that their partner love and care for them. He made some effort.

"What would be some good alternatives?"
    -Self made cards, a trip, singing or playing an instrument, making a great dish (bonus if you can't cook), a poetry, something she wants (which may not be expensive), a timeline, a tape of your voice, there are so many things. Just think out of that candy box.

Good luck :)

Sponsored

What Girls Said 43

• Me personally? No. I'd prefer something less... eh... superficial. I'd prefer something from the heart, like a love letter or something that actually took effort to make.

• I don't about other women, but I know I do lol

Or this!:
    [IMG]http://i67.tinypic.com/2hcpwz4.jpg[/IMG]
    My heart is melting! The cuteness! Lol

• I love flowers and I go crazy for chocolate. But the most meaningful gifts are unique and personal. If you go with the traditional candy and flowers combo, at least choose ones that you know are her favorites, and try to include something a little more personal in addition (such as a handmade card or baked good).

The point of a Valentine's day gift is to show your love and appreciation for your partner, and to take the opportunity to spoil them a little. But gifts are not the point of Valentine's day. If you and your partner agree to exchange gifts, then there should be some real meaning behind them. Popping into the drugstore for any old heart shaped chocolate box is putting in the absolute minimum amount of thought and effort- and she'll know that when she receives the gift.

• Personally I don't really care, I wouldn't ideally like to celebrate valentines day solely because I think there shouldn't be that one day where you're extra affectionate to your partner. But it could be a good start for those who want to get into a relationship I suppose

• I'd want... to not even notice that it's St. Valentine's day. If Feb. 14th is "more special", then, we fail at life on all the other days.

I mean, the commercialization of Christmas pisses me off enough as it is. Purely commercial "holidays"? Cannot abide. #youvebeenhad #suckafree

I'm easy. A quick knowing glance -- knowing I make EVERY day "special" for him, and he does the same for me -- yeah, that's enough for me. <3

• No I want watch anime!

• Some do. Not really something I'm into but I'd still think it was sweet if my boyfriend decided to.

• Nah, I want a good session of sex

• My husband sometimes would write me sex poems or sex stories. (Hes very good!) He'd give it to me with candy and flowers. He set up a bath for me. The candles, flower pedals, and music. He washed me and gave me a full body massage. =D. He doesn't just do these things on Valentine's day but it's just another day that you can use to celebrate your love. It's fun to have special dates. I do special things for him as well.

• Not chocolate, the hard candy. No flowers.

• I'd love to get flowers lol

But... odds are I'm not getting anything haha

• I would much rather ignore V-Day altogether. I have been trying to drop that hint with the boy for months.

• PLEEEEAAAAASEE! 😍

• Not everyone wants the same thing, if you know the girl well you will know what kinds of things she likes and she will know what you like.

• I honestly hate flowers. But love candy. :)

• Fuck, here we go again with all the fucking lovey dovey smushy Valentine topics...
    I'm just gonna crush some roses and cut off 12 dozen Teddy bear heads. Anyone want to exchange "killing sickening Valentine" gifts?

• I just want a boy to say they like me, that's all really

• Flowers and candy... Seriously? Get something more practical or make something from scratch that is more meaningful.

1. Flowers are very impractical. They wilt and die in a 1 week and you throw them away or put the dried flowers somewhere taking up space.

2. Chocolates are so unhealthy. They can cause diabetes, obesity and heart attacks. Unless they are at least 80% dark chocolate.

• I don't really expect anything for Valentines, but yeah a rose or something would be cute...

• I want an edible arrangement. Always have. But I've never gotten one! If anyone is taking notes, the ones with chocolate dipped fruit are excellent.

• Nah... I'll just take Justin instead 😍

• But seriously yes its romantic and shows how much he cares I personally would prefer candy over flowers because picking the, is only killing them but it's definitely romantic. And if they guy has a hidden talent like singing, drawing, poetry, or playing the instrument that's the best of all. Gifts that can't be purchased are the most meaningful ones ☺️

• Of course. I used to send my ex his favourite flowers.

• I am not great fun of flowers 💐 But I love roses, especially red or blue ones

• Chicken wings and netflix and we are all good.

• I'd be happy with just followers and chocolates. It's not about the gift itself but it's about the thought

• I'd like flowers but not mandatory at all haha

• I think the first few years are fine but I would like if the guy became a bit more creative in order to change things up a bit.

• Those are always welcome.

• Since when do gifts like that go out of style? Since never.

• I always want candy.

• More from Girls
    13

What Guys Said 18

• Yeah they can have these things, but I want to grant my girlfriend an experience..
    an, adventure of sorts.. you know, something that won't be gone after it's eaten. ^.^

• I stick to that because its safe.

Last valentines I tried this - lets just say her dad was there, and now I'm single.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHQBgOZKk6k

• If you legitimately put your dick in a box and presented it to her in front of her father, you are literally my hero.

• Hahaha what a shit show holy fuck. Saying "I told her we are breaking up" was a top quality way to shoot your foot, haha :D

• @TheHooptyMiata yeah I'm an idiot

me right afterwards:

49.media.tumblr.com/.../...7sA9q11v1jrneo1_500.gif

• I went to Wal-Mart to pick up something in valentines day one time and there were some guys that were seriously complaining that valentines day is a complete waste of money and basically talking shit about whoever they were buying for. I thought damn that's real mean thing to say, all the while I don't even have that problem... lack of respect is sorely lacking these days. Sure I think a gift or flowers to woman anytime of the year would be appropriate, should wait until a recognized day to do it.

• It's not a bad choice to give women flowers and candies for valentines day

• I don't know. Why don't you ask the person you want to get these things? She might be allergic or something. You can't know. I personally dislike flowers.

• This would have been a normal question if you wouldn't have posted that creature in the pic.

• Dude, what's an expert?

I'd still get them just I'm case and maybe throw in a toaster or something practical.

• They are real life expert. They have some sort of degree and some of them also run organisations.

• I don't believe any girl/women that say they don't like to receive some flower. :p

They will apreciate it, sooner or later.

• Why Bieber man. Save that shit for Halloween.

• Yea they do.. Loose the JB though. That won't work unless they are 12.

• If I was a girl I wouldn't

• This silly tradition will never die, thanks to the confectionery and floral companies that do whatever it takes to perpetuate the need to to make them richer once a year.

• They'll tell you know but really mean yes!

• I know I do.

• yes from jb

• No all women want is to dictate to men

Your Question has been removed for being too antagonistic.

Question Title: Why are so many women on this forum such whiny bitches?

Question Details: Like complaining because men want equality and to be treated with respect. So many posts about men whining and posts insulting men who dump them or girls who nick their boyfriends. And complaints about sexism, there lot need to man up.

We strive to keep GirlsAskGuys a helpful and caring community for all. Please be more considerate with your future posts. Thank you for understanding!

• No they want anal!!!

• You're nothing but a brainwashed feminist. It's WAYYY better to be single, than with a modern woman. Fuck dating and FUCK relationships...

For those poor guys who ARE in relationships, they should be receiving an EQUAL amount of pampering on valentines day. OH WAIT western society is extremely sexist against men!!

• LOL this is hilarious

• @DivaMonae I don't think he said what he said because he didn't get one, I think that's just how he actually feels. It seems like he really like being single and there's nothing wrong with that.

• @EvilPimp

Yeah... I figured I was kidding around there's nothing wrong with being single but he does seem pretty grumpy. Downing other people and relationships? I'm sure you can see why people would assume he's just mad and actually wish he had that.

I'm actually a person that's not into relationships either but I would never say the crap that he just did.