If you found out that your boyfriend/girlfriend was secretly a psychopath but still somehow loved you. Would you still stay with them?

Most Helpful Girl

• Uh, self-contradictory question much yo?

You know what a psychopath is, right? INCAPABLE of love, INCAPABLE of attachment. That's the definition. This situation is impossible.

This is exactly like asking "what if yr boyfriend was totally blind, but could secretly see stuff?" Hm, guess he ain't blind, then.

--

I'm NOT being an asshole nitpicker, here, by the way. You could've used ANY word other than psychopath. Deviant, criminal, thug, murderer, lunatic, maniac.

Psychopath specifically means someone who can't form emotional attachments.

--

Now, if yr talking about a sociopath? Who CAN form attachments, few, but strong and weirdly faithful?

Yeah.

I married one of those. 16 years we've been together, us against the world. Don't regret a thing.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 10

• ... Uh, heh... No.

If he's capable of messed up stuff I am out. I don't care if he loves me.

In fact I sorta had an ex like that... but that's another story.

• If he's crazy, he has got to go. I don't deal with crazy. I can't function trying to figure out if he plans on being Dr. Jekyll or Mr. Hyde. He needs to be stable and not make excuses for all his mishaps.

• hahah! NOOOO! i WOULD RUN!

• May I just say, hell to the no. I'm trying to survive and staying with them is somewhat dangerous. I'd be paranoid about everything! On another note, I'd feel sympathy for them and be upset that we couldn't be together but I have to protect myself first and foremost. Especially if I'm just dating this person. Best of luck to them, but I need to live my life without fearing who's in bed next to me.

• lmao. i will BURN THE HEART OUT OF YOU.

fuck that shit. imma dump him and go into witness protection

• No😫 I would be paranoid, what if one day he decides to murder me in my sleep

• Send her to the police

• Not really.. too dangerous. Id have to sleep with a knife under my pillow

• Yes, I would stay with him, because psychopathy is often a result of mental illness, which is beyond a person's control.

• First of all I'd be done with them if it were a SECRET. It's one thing to be very honest and upfront and have a thorough discussion about your mental illness from the start, but trying to HIDE it? Not okay. Especially considering so many people have the misconception that psychopathy = murderer. I would like to hear the TRUTH about what is actually involved in your mental illness and how that would affect our relationship.

• I don't know if coming clean as a psychopath is such a good thing. What would be your first reaction is someone confessed it?

• Yes, psychopathy is a mental illness that causes a certain type of social apathy that CAN make murdering a person come easier compared to your average joe, especially if one feels he can get away with it. But would I immediately draw the conclusion that the guy is going to murder me first chance he gets? No.

• Well, you've a refreshing outlook for sure.

What Guys Said 7

• Probably not

• Nope. Psychopaths aren't worth the trouble. Besides, it's my job to make sure I don't put more psychopath babies into this world. We've had enough of devestating wars and manipulative politicians as it is.

• Fuck no.

• Yeah.

• My ex wife was like that. Run as fast as you can. Because the police or the courts will not believe you or protect you. She can Ruin your life completely. No jk

• Nope

• Didn't kaney west married kim kardashian, two nut's in one nutshell.