I am sort of in a relationship with an older girl. should I move forward with caution?

i'm 22 she's 24. we're kind of approaching that age gaps dont matter doesn't bother me, makes me feel kind of cool actually. but to be honest, i'm afraid of getting old. i'm 23 in 4 months, and holy shit thats a big number. twenty three. that means that in four months, she's fucking 25.

these are the types of ages that have serious relationships and im not really into that right now.. not with her. this whole thing is freaking me out. should i ride the wave or bail out? cause i can tell this girl is developing some serious feelings for me..

Most Helpful Girl

• I never got into a relationship until recently. Your age doesn't determine your relationship capabilities. It's your mental age... If you don't feel ready then you are not ready. No big deal. Just because everyone else does it, it doesn't mean you are supposed to do it...

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends.
    Yes at your age the age gap is irrelevant.
    No you are not old. Neither is she.
    I'm happier at fucking 25 than I was at 23; I do feel slightly older. Approximately 2 years older.

These are the types of ages that have serious relationships. This is half correct.
    These are the types of ages that have serious relationships as well as not so serious relationships.

When you eliminate all the age related confusion, you're left with:
    1... "serious relationships and im not really into that right now.. not with her"

2. "This girl is developing some serious feelings for me.."

It doesn't matter what age you are; if you and your partner are not on the same page relationship wise, it is not fair to one another to continue the relationship.. that is if there is reason to doubt you will both be on the same page in the near future.

For you, there is absolutely reason to doubt you and this girl will be on the same page in the near future. You have described her as someone that might just be looking for a serious relationship with you & you have described yourself as someone that is not looking for a serious relationship.. at least not with her.

If the reason you don't see yourself having a serious relationship with her is because you don't see yourself having serious feelings for her, yes you absolutely must bail.

What Girls Said 1

• Two years mean nothing... You're essentially the same age. But if you want to play around and she wants to settle down, then that can be a problem.

What Guys Said 1