Can someone PLEASE tell me if I'M being crazy?

So, I'm in high school. I started dating my boyfriend about a year and a half ago, we go to different schools and live about a half hour apart. As such, the only time we really get to see each other is on the weekends. For a while, he didn't really have a solid group of friends. He's really into sports, and he plays rugby and football, so he's usually pretty busy during the week and his games are on weekends (I try to go to as many as I can). He recently became a part of a group of friends who he really likes. So now, he wants to hang out with his friends more on the weekends, and therefore won't be able to hang out with me. What I'm saying is is that he gets to see his friends at school every single day, whereas I hardly get to see him at all. What he's saying is that school is school and he doesn't really get to hang out with his friends, but I still think that's invalid because he can hang out with his friends on days that he doesn't have rugby or something. Also, I find time to hang out with my friends on the weekends, so why can't he? I really can't tell if I'm being crazy, and I'm not looking to use anyone's opinions as examples in our fights or anything, I just want to know if this fight is worth fighting for.

What Guys Said 2

• No, you aren't crazy. What bothers me is that he can't include you with his group of friends on the weekend.

Anyway, I don't think this relationship is worth saving and that you should move on and get a boyfriend from your own school.

• They're 18-20 somethings, man. Not 40 somethings that have mature friends that go out together. It sounds like they're still in high school or college.

• @asker You have every right to feel the way you do. This boy (and that's the right word choice) doesn't place you high in importance in his life. A person's SO is should be the most important thing in their life. Well you are not the most important thing in his life. If you are his SO, you aren't very significant to him apparently. If I was your father, I would be irked with him treating you as a given. Dump him and move on.

• This whole situation reminds me of a King of the Hill episode where bobby tells a girl she should dump her boyfriend without even listening to the whole situation because he has underlying biases and wants to get with her himself. Or is this coming from an overprotective father? Either way it comes out really biased.

"What bothers me is that he can't include you in his group of friends"

Why are you so bothered about her life issues? What is making this a personal issue for you, sir?

• You're not crazy but you're possibly being too demanding of his time. It's not healthy in a relationship to say or think things like "I can do this, why can't you?". If you can't like him for who he is and the choices he makes, then don't be with him.

“Comparison is the thief of joy.” —Theodore Roosevelt

• see that's what he thinks but I just feel like I have the right to demand at least one day yanno? it's just not like I get to see him any other time.

• It just makes it seem like you're desperate for attention, and it's only going to piss him off because of that anyway. See, adults deal with the way things are, or they leave. Kids cry and demand things. Don't be a kid.

• Do you play Rugby or do anything else that eats up large portions of your time? From the way you tell the story, it sounds like he has more going on and is more busy than you are, in general.

What Girls Said 0