For valentines, who usually pays for the bill?

The guy
The girl
Sharinflg
:p

Most Helpful Guy

• You can say split, its 2016 yada yada yada

But the reality is guys usually ask and guys usually pay and girls usually expect it even if they are sweet and offer to pay.

I guess at the end it really just adds to a smooth night, bickering or even thinking about who pays just breaks a little bit of the flow.

Of course if money is an issue then the flow is already broken a little because he's not at ease.

Choose your guy accordingly if paying (in essence a smooth night) is important to you.

Most Helpful Girl

• Usually the guy but this year I'm taking my guy out! Already made the reservations at our fav restaurant ❤️😍❤️

What Guys Said 37

• Valentines is a meant to be about the ladies, so yeah, embrace it and let the guy pay :)

just dont go being all neglectful on the 14th of march for steak and blowjob day ;)

• I have only experienced two Valentines' days, several years back, with two different girls (have been single on every other Valentines' day). I paid once, and the girl paid the other time.

In general, I think they should split the bill.

• It seems odd not to share a bill when both of you participate, doesn't it? Unless you treat it like a gift. In which case they'll want to return it eventually.

• I make literally 2x my girlfriend so i'm paying for most part i think, and I'm cool with that :) i dont keep track of that stuff

• I don't think there's a tradition... I guess if one invited the other the person who invited, pays.
    But that's a guestimate, never had a Valentine meal with a girl :-(

• I always pay bills cause I like to
    If I'm with a girl then I won't let her pay
    Though it's different when I'm with my guy friends 😂 lol

• The guy, and oh, please use poll so you can actually gather metrics and intel quickly

• Sharing should be the proper way of doing it although some might offer to pay and then you should accept and just pay another way that way it's the most fair and both will enjoy the the kindness of the other

• sharedy share

• I typically plan out the dates so I pay for it.
    If she insists on splitting bills I might consider it.

I much rather pay.

• why though?
      it's traditions in Lebanon for the guy to pay but that usually makes me uncomfortable cs I feel like I owe him smthng and wanna return the favor in a way

• I'm a giver. I love to give.

Of course I am compelled to give to my favourite Girl.

• sweet^^

• You will have to pay half with me :P

(but I'm the type of guy who would pay all of it if I'm not sure if she thinks about it just to be safe lol)

• whomever asked for the date.

• I think whoever WANTS to should pay.
    Either way I will usually pay unless she objects.

• I always did

• No one I don't celebrate it and my girlfriend understands.

• For valentines I get catering, so i pay in advance.
    so that would make it the guy

• I'll probably make her dinner this year so no bill.

• i always pay

• The male

• i, personally thing, that on a day such as valentines, bill should be sheared: i pay for you, and you pay for me..

• Everyday is valentines day if you're Indian!

• To me men always pay

• 50/50

• Always been the me, the guy. As it should be.

• The one who asked to go on a date i think

• I've always paid but it's not like I never get anything out of it.

• hahaha :P

• You obviously know what I'm talking about. ;)

You'd be surprised about the number of women who seemed to be clueless whom I dated when I was younger.

• A girl. why a guy should pay. break the stereotypes

• I normally pay on Valentine's Day

• Pay the electricity bill pay for there grocery

• i like to pay because i am an Anatolian man like Steve Jobs.

• More from Guys
    7

What Girls Said 27

• Me and my boyfriend are very 50/50 and I think we'll both treat each other for Valentine's day :)

• Ideally, splitting the bill makes things lot more easier haha. But you can also do like 2 dates 1 day type of thing, like maybe guy pays for the dinner and later you pay for the drinks or something following that.

• I would want to share the bill anytime.
    I mean, he works hard for that money, he has expenses like rent, food, university, whatever... he is probably a student as well, and I never understood WHY should a guy pay for me? Im not a feminist or anything, its just I don't know, what my dad has taught me, to be independent and I feel very uncomfortable when others pay for me, like when is somebodys birthday...
    Thats how I feel right now, when Im in my 20s, when I dont have a husband.
    When Ill be married, my money will be mine, his money will be the familys budget :)) , just kidding :))

• I'm totally for splitting the bill.

• The fairest way - whoever has more money...
    Or just split the bill...
    Or, if it's a really romantic thing - like serious relationship - it may not even matter.

• My invisible bf!

• Soooo you are a dine and dash kinda girl? haha

• if I was in the states I ll take you apple :)

• We just pay for our own things. We do that everytime.
    Only with my ex-boyfriend on Valentines day, we really wanted to pay the bill. Made me a bit uncomfortable.

• Depends

1.) Are you guys married or have been dating at least a couple months (6 atleast) before Valentine's. Then him
    2. ) did you guys just meet like Valentine's is the first date? Half
    3.) Friends? Half
    4.) Dating but aren't together like boyfriend and girlfriend. Half

• Me and my boyfriend usually share or like one is s for dinner and the other pays more the movie or something

• I prefer sharing, or paying for it myself.

• Whoever invites to the restaurant I think :p
    If it's an invitation = you pay haha.
    But if the couple made the decision mutually then sure splitting the bill it is.

• If I were to go on a St. Valentine's date with someone, we will most likely share the payment. If he insists, then I'll just let him pay.

• He always wants to but i insist we go half and half.

• I think it depends. If I was in a relationship with the guy then I guess we would split but if not then I guess either one of us would pay.

• My boyfriend never lets me pay for anything, but I really wouldn't mind doing it at all

• The one who has more money

• Splitting the bill is just ridiculous. I personally think the guy should pay.

• I prefer to split

• When I was with my ex, I would pay for dinner on Valentines Day.

• sometimes me, sometimes him, sometimes we share

• The guy of course

• Share.

• It would be nice if is the guy, but if it's both that would be awesome too.

• The man obviously d'uhhhhhhh

• I think it would be far to split it beside girls should learn to be more independent.

• Split it. Valentine's Day is for couples not for just the girl.

• I pay for myself, and he pays for himself. No financial stress, just fun times.