Why he ignores me after I rejected him?

my co-worker asked me out and i rejected him. in a nice way.
Since then, he's been ignoring me not even looking my way. Like im a total stranger.
Why is he ignoring me? its been a couple of months already

Most Helpful Guy

• He really really liked you, and apparently it hit hard with the rejection. Probably embarrassed at himself to look at you, and maybe thinking that you didn't like him anymore might call him out or whatever... don't feel he hates you, is more apt trying to regain composure, and it probably is difficult even more of he is a shy guy to begin with, felt comfortable enough around you to take the risk of rejection. You need to make the first move and show him it's alright and go back to the things were. I promise it'll be ok good luck

Most Helpful Girl

• His feelings are hurt. He must have really liked you

What Guys Said 12

• he doesnt' want to be around you. If he has feelings and you don't that will simply lead to awkwardness between you and problems for him so in all probability he is simply trying to cut you out of his life in the best way he can (ignoring you) in order to not have to deal with that awkwardness/discomfort from knowing that his feelings are not reciprocated.

• He likes you, so he's trying to distance himself from you in order to stop liking you.
    Or maybe he just doesn't wanna be friends with you. It's either in a relationship, or nothing.

• He was talking to you to because he wanted to date, if you don't want to... move on there's nothing here for to continue. He doesn't appreciate being friend zoned

Some rejections may lead to friendships but most won't.

• He is attracted to you, made his move and you rejected him. He is simply choosing not to put himself in the friend zone. Smart guy.

• What did you expect? He is not good enough to go out with you. That hurts

• Why do you care? Let him do what he wants

• Because he's a really nice, sweet guy and we got along well.
      We didn't text a lot or had long conversations but still he is a really nice guy and every one love him at the office and sometimes i feel that i miss him

• Unfortunately for you he doesn't want to have a thing with you... Just let him be

• He's probably also going to the bar, drinking any memories of you away

• His feelings are hurt just your presence probably remind him of that.

• he's doing same as I am

• you rejected him so my guess is he was trying to be friends with you only in the hopes you would date him , he realised that isn't going to happen so he see's no point continuing getting to know you , this is dumb I realise but its my feel of things

• you seem bothered by it, why? just ask him, but most likely he is hurt.

We didn't text a lot or had long conversations but still he is a really nice guy and every one love him at the office and sometimes i feel that i miss him.

• If you miss him that is for a reason, why don't you just give him a fair chance. I think it's really shallow of you to reject someone while you actually seem to like him, because that just means you rejected him because of the way he looks. Ofcourse physical appearance is appealing but you shouldn't be bitching about him taking distance while you rejected him. I would do the same, why go through the pain of loving someone , pretending you don't care and offer your friendship when that persons starts dating others in front of your eyes. If you miss him so much, and i think you do like him, then tell him that. Go out take things slow, you didn't even give him a chance and your telling me that you miss him. im just some random dude from the internet, tell him , that you miss him, today tomorrow. go by his place, call him etc.. if you miss someone you can tell them, it cheers people up.

• sorry if im straight forward but you really should talk to him, and just go out, have fun, and take things slow. At least then you can tell him, sorry this can't work out and you give him some time to develop a friendship with you if dating isn't going to workout for u 2.

• Why do you think? You broke his heart. Would you continue to talk to someone who broke your heart? If you broke my heart, I would only talk to your for work purposes (for example, if I need your help with something or I had to go through you for something)... otherwise, I would just stop talking to you and move on.

What Girls Said 3

• well rejection hurts for most people. With time he would get over it but the first cut is the deepest they say..

• He liked you, but you rejected him. He is either distancing himself to move on, or to heal his ego. Since it's been a couple of months, he doesn't want to be around you. I wouldn't bother with him, either.

• he's maybe embarrased? Why would you want him to keep paying you any atention?