Is online dating only for old, creepy and desperate guys?

My sister is single and ready to mingle. She is still looking for the one and preferably someone not divorced, widowed, single dad or over the age of 60. Is it too to ask for? She is 32 and her co-workers are telling her to be very careful.

Most Helpful Girl

• Definitely not anymore. That stigma has changed, and rapidly, in the last few years. I'd say even 5 years ago it was still considered sort of taboo, and now I hardly know a single person who isn't using a dating site or dating app. Myself included. There are tons of young, good looking, never married guys with no children.

She should still be careful, of course. Meet in a public place and don't give out too much personal information. All that jazz. But that should be true of any guy you don't know very well. Just because you met a guy in person doesn't mean he's trustworthy or not a serial killer lol All it means is that you know for sure what he looks like.

What Girls Said 8

• No! There are many young and good looking guys online dating, a lot of people don't have the time to just go out and look for people the old fashioned way, also online dating filters out the steps you usually take when getting to know someone, easy can tell if you want to go on a date then you take it from there.

• I don't know. I rather not date online. I refuse to give up and search for love online. Maybe when I am older I"ll give it a try but thats it. haha!

• You always have to be careful. No it's not just for desperate creepy guys but there are a lot out there.

• No. There's a variety of people on dating sites, not all of them are like you described. It certainly doesn't hurt to take the chance.

• I've met plenty of guys online and I'm in my 20's. She should give it a go

• No.

I moved to a new city after I graduated and didn't know anyone. I am not into clubs or bars, the usual place you can meet people. So I tried online dating. She should be very careful, don't give out personal info, and if it's something she really wants she'll be weeding through messages probably. Depending on which site she uses, some are more serious for dating and relationships to me, than others (like Tinder which are just hook ups to me).

• Nothey are for supermodels. Just look at the profile pics on dating sites.

• The paid sites have better quality. At 32, ruling out single dads is a mistake unless she detests kids, though.

• What sites do you recommed?

• I used match. com and had a decent go of it. A few people I know also met people there. Some friends liked eharmony, but they were looking to get married right away. It's far more serious.

As far as free ones, I've heard Plenty of Fish is the worst and OkCupud is ok if you weed out the crazy people.

What Guys Said 9

• I use online dating and have met a lot of great women from it. I was very surprised with some of the girls I've had the chance to go out with. I've had a few relationships come from it as well

Not all dating sites are created equal. Some are awful and I would never use them. If she is serious about meeting a guy online, go for the popular pay sites - don't go with anything free

• It's for fucking sad desperate cunts. I've never tried that online shit. Your going to have to face them eventually. Might as well do it at the get go. It only takes balls the first time. After you get used to walking up to women you fuckin enjoy it believe me.

• No, I don't think so. I do agree with the coworkers that she (anyone using online dating sites) should be very careful - both physically and emotionally.

• As long as she is on a legit dating site like match. com she should be okay, definitely don't use tinder if you are looking for "the one"

• I personally think online dating is a waste of time. I better luck in person. But there's a wide range of people on there. Not just old people.

• My son just did online dating. He met a nice girl and they dated then GF/BF now. He is 27.

• Tinder and the like is for ho banging, And there's no banging like ho banging!

• "My sister is single and ready to mingle" thats a bit strange to say right?

• No, there are plenty of normal people who use online dating sites