Was this her way of rejecting me?

I am 26 and I met a woman who is also 26. She reveals she's a single mom of an 8, 7, and 3 year old. She is also recently divorced after an 8 year marriage. She was flattered I asked her out. But she told me "I am sorry but you don't want anything with me because I'm a single mom of three, divorced, and a hot mess." Was this a way of turning me down?

Most Helpful Girl

• No she's just letting you know her situation up front

Most Helpful Guy

• Not necessarily. Sounds more like her own insecurities. You've got to give context. What did you say that prompted her to say that and what were you two doing?

• We were shopping. I approached her and told her she was very attractive. We talked some more and she that's when she told me everything. Her ex husband is going to jail on b and e charges.

• She did give me her number her divorce was finalized 4 months ago.

• If you got the number, it's all good then. That was just her insecurities. She might be a little hesitant, but that's to be expected given her situation.

What Girls Said 6

• Don't think she is just turning you down, just reminding you if you do go out, she's got baggage.

• No she's just saying. Straight up she's got baggage. Yet still hurt from her divorce

• Yes she busy find someone who isn't married with so many kids.

• I think she needs some time to get her life together maybe... I really wouldn't take it personally, she probably isn't ready to date yet.

If you really like her I'd advice you to stay in contact with her and even maybe help her release some of her life stress, until she opens up again about dating you.

• No, she's not turning you down. She's just insecure.

• She's insecure

What Guys Said 5

• Sounds like her insecurities. You are golden bro.

• Just do this dude. It may be that she is letting you down nice. But give her your number and be like alright well if you ever change your mind contact me.

• She's probably available but she's giving you fair warning.

• I don't understand why more men aren't upfront about situations like that. If she said that to me my immediate reaction would be to ask why she is telling me that

• If she really wanted you despite the fact that all this stuff may have happened she probably wouldn't bring it up right away but I could be wrong.