I wish I would have enjoyed my youth more?

im 23 now and almost 24 in like 5 months. I have noticed that I never really enjoyed my life much, my youth like my teen years from 17 to 20, I was so reserved, kinda depressed and ussd to hang out with my mentally ill sister, she would put al these thoughts in my head and made me a radical christian, she was all about hating the world and bein a low life, while I was young naive prettier then her and she wanted to control us. Because of her I fell into a deep depression and I never even got to develop myself, im 23 now and never had a boyfriend, I rarely lived and im scared I will be never be able to catch up. I should have had enjoyed life more and enjoy my beauty, intelligence instead of dropping out of school and getting into debt because that was what my sis was doing, how can I forgive myself?

Most Helpful Guy

• I too wish I would have enjoyed my youth more, (mainly between 13 and 18). But I see many positive things, too, looking back. And I started catching up at 19.
    Tomorrow is the fist day of the rest of your life. When you're 69 you'll understand how importance that little sentence is. Maybe earlier, of course.) Remember it, think about it every evening. Don't procrastinate the good things.
    Cheer up! :)

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 4

• you're 23. the first step is to stop thinking your life is over, you have barely begun to experience life.

• she is mentally ill why did you listen to her

• Consider 17-20 a learning period so now you can appreciate and enjoy your life even more.

• I'm a few years older than you and still single as well

What Girls Said 1

• There's no point on looking back, that's just gonna make u feel worse, it doesn't matter anymore. You are still so young and there's so much u can do with ur life, the worse thing u can do is focus on the past. Think about the present and in the new things u can try