Would you take it as a bad sign if you have an argument with your partner once a week?

There are arguments once in a blue moon but what if its once every week?

bad sign?

• Yes
  • No
  • It depends (please explain)

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah. It'd start to seem like either he or I were subconsciously trying to find something to argue about just because we were sick of the relationship.

Most Helpful Guy

• Every week is too much. Like, that's at least one day out of seven that are sucky. Ugh.

My last serious relationship was a pretty long one (~6 years), and even after that much time I think we argued like 4-5 times a year.

• Damn i wish it was only that much

• Haha, yeah, I mean some fighting is good -- great, even -- but too much is just too damn much.

What Girls Said 21

• Yes, I would. Arguing that much would definitely take a toll on me and make me feel like the relationship wasn't really working. If that happened in my relationship, I would want to figure out what the main cause of the arguments was and then try to fix it. If it can't be fixed, then maybe reconsider the relationship.

• Yeah that's a lot. I mean how much could 2 people fight about, at that point your just intolerant to the person and the way they chew is gonna piss you off and start a fight.

• i think it depends sometimes I am just freaking out for no reason! lol hahaha And I need to blame someone. Like right now I wish X was here so I could yell at him for letting me buy an expensive blowdryer haha! No its not his fault and its my money I just blow off on hair stuff. hahah The point is sometimes I stress fight with the world and myself. I wouldn't think its bad I would think I need to calm down. And i need a long nap. haha
    <3

• Seriously?

• @Sara413 Yes! lol Sometimes I make no sense and my feelings come out. They are usually good feelings but I try to hide them lol! Yeah I am strange.

• Yeah, that's too much. I'd have to figure out if there's some underlying problem that can be solved to put an end to it, or if we're just incompatible.

• Yes, probably. I mean, me and my partner bicker about things all the time, but if they were full blown arguments then I'd think we probably didn't get along all that well and I'd wonder whether I really wanted to spend the rest of my life with him.

• Yes, I feel like arguments and disagreements are inevitable but usually if you're arguing that often then its saying something about your relationship and there may be an underlying issue that's not brought up.

• I used to argue with my boyfriend every day. Of course, this was before we dated.

We joke that we got all the arguing out of the way before the relationship.

But yeah, it's a bad sign.

• That's a lot of arguing! I honestly don't understand couples who fight all the time... clearly you have different values and/or don't even like each other so why would you be in that relationship? I've been with my boyfriend for over a year and we haven't gotten into any major fights.. been annoyed with each other a couple times but that's about it and we get over it super quickly.

• well, what kind of argument? if it's full on yelling and anger then yea for sure that's a bad sign. but if it's just little tiny bickers (i. e. "old married couple" type behavior haha) i don't think it's a big deal.

• I think it depends on what you are arguing about
    and whether one or the two of you are stressed out. Even best friends argue a lot. It doesn't mean they aren't best friends since the content of their argument could be really silly and trivial.

It is mostly not a good sign though. One would resort to a mature talk first if they really care and don't want to hurt their partner.

• Drag down in the mud, makes everyone (or just ONE person) feel like shit. YES. That's a sign to patch it up or move along.

• I said it depends. If it's something small and stupid, then yes, it's bad. I wouldn't know if a big major issue every week is worst though, but it's still bad. But every week? 😐 Holy crap-o-li

• What perfect timing! Heck yes, it's a bad sign. In my case, at least. It seems like we can't even talk without him saying something to tick me off--then, of course, it's my fault. Just gotta love love, right? 😒

• It can be. Depends on the rest of the components

• One of the big reasons why I'm not married anymore. And we tried for years to work on it but in the end it just didn't work out

• Depends on your circumstances. Depending on the context, sometimes arguments can't be avoided. For example, if the couple are in a really stressful situation it's natural to be more argumentative

• Depends. If they're full blown screaming match arguments, then that's definitely a problem.

• Depends about what your arguing about.

• Yes I think it's bad. That being said I'd kill to only fight with my husband once a week.

• It depends on what the arguments are over, and how bad they are and how long they last for.
    Me and and best friend argue more than we are friends, but we don't hold grudges after and they are over such stupid things! x

• Yes, but things can go smoother again.

What Guys Said 8

• I have a 90% rule. If we can't get along 90% of the time, then what the fuck are we doing together? Also depends on what you consider arguing. If it's little dumb shit that lasts like two seconds, whatever, but if I have to stop and battle with her for extended periods of time, I just value my free time too much to allow that. I always wonder why these couples that constantly bicker even stay together, you clearly don't really like each other, or at least strongly dislike some important aspect of them.

• serious arguments once a week seem like a problem

it sounds like either
    1. the two people can't communicate without being combative
    2. the people have very different viewpoints on things
    3. there are issues that never get resolved

• To me it's a sign that you two might have a passionate relationship, but can't really share each other's deepest feelings, fears, etc. so well. I'd suggest some snuggle therapy, trying to get close to each other and sharing what's on your mind. Guys have a tendency to want to distance themselves in this scenario (wrong move), when they should overcome that urge and move closer.

• Some people bicker and argue frequently, and it's how they relate to each other. Maybe they know they don't actually mean it.

Personally, I don't understand how that could be tolerable because I don't enjoy conflict and take EVERYTHING personally and have a long memory.

• at least One of you is non-loving, controlling
    and will only love the other if they change into someone else, so let them go find a better match before going out too far into this ocean, being thrown overboard for them

or
    it's the only way they can get attention or makeup sex
    so spend more time with them

• Yeah, if the arguments are petty. Serious stuff needs to be sorted out, so those arguments are expected

• I guess that would really depends on what we're arguing about and the content or how bad it is

• Depends on what the arguments are about, but most likely it's a bad sign.