Guy said depression and anxiety are holding him back from making a move?

I've been talking to this guy online for over a year. I do know him from real life (as an acquaintance) but online chat is how we have been getting to know eachother for the most part, due to distance (a few hours apart). We have nicknames for eachother and are flirty. We also exchange pics... Sometimes more sexy ones. When I asked about trying to hang out/see where things went he told me how he does want to as well but has really bad depression and anxiety. When I said that though I understand depression and anxiety, I didn't see how it could stop him from spending time with me if he really wanted to, and told him I just wanted him to give me an answer on if he was interested honestly... and that I wouldn't be mad or anything if he wasn't and was just having fun with flirting. He said he was, thinks I'm cool and hot, and said I shouldn't underestimate his depression and anxiety. Do you think his willingness to try things out between us in real life is really being held back by depression and anxiety? Or is this an excuse?

What Guys Said 2

• I think he just 'might' be using anxiety and depression as an excuse, although I'm not sure.

I myself have long standing issues with acute depression, hyper anxiety and mild bipolar, but no way I would pass up an opportunity to hang out with a woman I was romantically interested in.

• Its better to off and move on it sucks

What Girls Said 1

• I do think he could be being honest, because I suffer from the same thing and totally understand. Especially with the anxiety. It impedes on so much of my life, from friendships to just going out. Do if he's feeling anything like I am, then it's definitely a big deal.