Aftermath of first date?

I am 19 this year and I think I am fairly OK looking.

Just last Friday I went on my very first date which I got from Tinder. I just made a pact this year that I wanted to be in a relationship by my 19th birthday (which is in May)

He and I are very similar and share the same interests. I love talking to him and was more than happy to go on a date. Thing is, he was never really that flirtatious and guarded. I would be the one always sending in the hearts and flirting openly with him.

He and I started talking on Monday and we decided to meet on Friday night. I know I am a noob, but I really fell for him badly.

So when we went on our date, it was awkward. He told me I looked shorter in real life. He looked tired and kind of disinterested. Throughout the date, he was quiet and I was the one asking all the questions. He did laugh and smile and look into my eyes but I don't know if that is enough to validate his feelings. He talked about some other girl he had "Tinder-dated" as well. During the date, I openly told him that I liked him, to which he asked "Why?"

As the date ended, he just took his bag and waved goodbye to me. (IKR) I was devastated by the response and the vibes he had given to me. My friends told me he was probably tired because of his army stint. (he is in the army now, so he goes to army everyday)

Since Friday night, he has not texted me anything or communicated with me. I really want to know what is going on his head. I still like the guy and see potential in us together. I want to go for a second date.

I just dont know if I should text him and ask him whats going on. I feel like I will look desperate and ruin my chances even more.

Most Helpful Guy

• Judging by what you said here I would say that he lost interest in the face to face meeting. The whole tired thing is no excuse, as there has been no response since.. Good luck in the future, you seem intelligent based on your description here. Tinder is not the way to go..

Most Helpful Girl

• You'll likely have to go through many guys on Tinder to get to the right one. I was on Tinder for MONTHS and went on dates with many guys till I finally met my boyfriend. You shouldn't put so much into a guy you've only been on one date with. There are plenty of other guys on there so rather just see this as a sign that it's not meant to be. He doesn't sound interested to me and that's the downside of Tinder. Sometimes they'll like you, sometimes they won't. But don't give up :)

What Guys Said 1

• Hey I'm an ROTC Army guy. Depending on what he's doing, we run like gas all day and all night. He can't be tired. Also online dating is kind of sketchy nowadays. Meeting a person from time to time on a constant basis to get to know them and develop a relationship is hard nowadays. So people resort to online dating which has it's downside. Finding the "one" involves search and time.

What Girls Said 2

• Believe me, he not that into u... When guy likes u he would be the one initiating convos with u.
    Forget about him, u ll know when guy would really likes u

• Um tinder is an app for hookups, not dating. Try another dating site/app.