Is no sex on a third date a bad thing?

We really like each other and we have a lot in common. We kissed on the second date and it was really nice and again we had a lovely time on the third date and again we kissed. We won't see each other for another week or so... is not having sex on the third date a bad thing?

Most Helpful Girl

• An individual moves at their own pace, and so can a couple. Just because some couples say "3 dates = sex" doesn't mean everyone has to. Maybe she isn't ready yet, but if she had a nice time and kissed, then it'll lead up to that point eventually.

• Yeah I'm not particularly looking for sex... i'm looking for something more meaningful and I kinda got the impression that she is too. We both like each other physically l and personality wise...

• Yeah that's kinda what I'm doing and I think she is too..

• Sounds good. I hope it works out!

Most Helpful Guy

• It means she's a girl in control of her baser instincts, patient and calculated so it will mean that much more to her and how she thinks about you when it happens.

But in todays hyper-sexualized society, maybe, I feel like she won't be into sex as much as I will be. I did it a lot in my last relationship and I hated going more than a few days without it. I want to get with a woman who enjoys it, but I also don't want a woman who is promiscuous... its a paradox, psychologists call it the Madonna-Whore complex. I call it confusing. I don't like to screw without an emotional connection... so I'm young and horny and wary of a woman who is promiscuous and yet wary of woman who is "prudish" or reserved like the woman you describe, its almost like feeling rejected because most people hook by the third date or sooner these days...

What Girls Said 1

• It's not a bad thing, you do it when you are both ready
    There's no deadline on when to sleep with eachother

What Guys Said 2

• It's game over man. You should give up and just basically throw the towel or a white flag already...

• Not a bad thing at all. Being patient means getting to know each other more.