How to stop thinking about dating and guys when you aren't emotionally ready to date?

So I have decided to put guys and dating to the side for a while because I realise I might come off as a bit desperate. In addition even though I really want to serious date I know im not emtionally ready to do so.

But whenever I see couples, or cute guys or Just two people (male and female) hang out togheter I get reminded of dating and a bit what I can't have. So any advice on how to stop thinking about stuff like this?

Most Helpful Guy

• Any advice? I don't think there ever is a perfect moment in life. You will never be 100% ready and there will always be something in the way. You either let that affect you or you don't.

Most Helpful Girl

• Learn to love yourself. The reason you seem desperate is the same reason you need time to work I'm yourself. You use others treatment of you to define your self worth. If you learn to love yourself, you will not only not need others to love you, you will then be capable of giving love unslefishly; without expecting some sort of payback.
    Start by living your life for you, doing what you want and need in order to be happy. If you only live to please others, you will never be happy because no one can please everyone. Each time you feel that you've let someone down, it brings you down, makes you feel like less and less of a person.

What Guys Said 1

• I'm in the same boat. I want to be in another relationship but need to fix some things in my life. I try not to think about it. When that doesn't work I just remind myself that I will find a great woman again and do things right this time. Hope that helps.

What Girls Said 0