Why do people say it is impossible to escape the friend zone?

Why are people always saying that if you get put into the friend zone that you will never escape? And that you are stuck there or that there is no escape. People make being put in the friend zone sound SO bad. I mean it does suck to be put in the friend zone. But I wouldn't say its impossible to escape from. Because I actually recently escaped the friend zone.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's unlikely enough that most people who are IN the friendzone should not focus on getting out of it, and rather finding other people who don't put them there.

Note that most friend zone advice is aimed at guys, and for them, the best way to get out of it... also involves moving on and hitting on other people.

Most Helpful Girl

• No such thing as the friendzone, someone either likes you that way or they don't. I used to be best friends with my boyfriend before we were going out and I thought he just saw me as a friend because he kept calling me m8 but I thought he was cute and caring and nice so had a crush on him. Turned out he liked me the entire time as well but was just trying to hide it. He was shocked when he found out I liked him too. None of us were ever really in the friend zone because we always fancied each other, we just didn't know about it until recently (Well, middle of October).

What Guys Said 10

• I've been friend zoned before and put other girls there as well. I actually escaped as well and had a 2 and a half year relationship that ended last April. I wish we would have just stayed friends..

• Generally... If you're an average girl, it's way easier to get out of the FZ than it is for the average guy.

• If a girl doesn't like me, I just move on. No friend zone if you weren't really friends to begin with. I've got a few friends that are girls but it's not a friend zone

• You're a girl it's totally different

• Generally once a girls sees you as a friend, she doesn't want to "risk the friendship"

• So long as it's not because he recently broke up with someone else.

• it is possible. i do not think it is not

• It is difficult

• you are a woman. it doesn't count

• Don't let yourself get friendzoned

What Girls Said 0