Are girls attracted to guys who have their emotions completely turned off?

I get the feeling im one of those said guys. I've been told I have these walls up, so my question is, would a girl give a guy whos emotionally turned off a shot at dating. Do women enjoy trying to open a guy up emotionally?

Most Helpful Girl

• Actually, most women prefer quiet, brooding types of men. They like being the only one who you open up to and act yourself around. It makes them feel special, you know?

Personally, I love a guy who laughs and acts boyish. But from my experience, I'm in the minority... most girls associate seriousness with masculinity and whatnot. I seriously wouldn't worry if I were you. My brothers are just like that (serious, shy/awkward, closed off) and plenty of girls like them. *shrugs*

• Really? Funny... Cause those are the guys that keep getting skipped over..

• Ah ok :)
      I do have another question, can i message you about that maybe?

• @Dipsy Yeah, sure :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree with ForReals23. Somewhere in the middle is where you want to be. A woman's job in a relationship is to empathize with you. This is how woman have an emotional connection with you. Too little emotion and there's not much to empathize with. Too much would be an overload of emotions, which can be seen as not having enough masculinity. I totally understand where you are coming from as I am currently going through the same thing. I've heard that a good way to overcome this is to find a female friend that can be viewed as a "sister" type that you can talk with just about anything. I'll be trying that myself. And yes, women do enjoy opening a guy up emotionally.

What Girls Said 14

• personally no, somewhere in the middle is good. If you are annoyingly over emotional I would probably write you off and never speak to you again. If you were completely turned off that means you can't even support me when I need someone to talk to so I would probably write you off.

• When you say emotionally turned off I'm imagining a robot. If that's the case then no. I personally like getting guys out of their shy shells, but if you're completely emotionally detached it's a big difference. Also meeting the right person helps. Something tells me you just haven't been around the right person yet. When you find each other she'll inspire you to open up I'm sure.

• turned off and bottled up are not the same. same. bottled up means volatility... and no not attractive.

no human being turns off feelings... they just get misplace or stuffed into one place, it cause circuit problems. a lot of people pretend to be closed a from of seduction, but to be really impaired is a person who is not conducive to a rlationship; being a person liker stat getting into relationships or being person seeking that kind of person. neither are exercising good judgment.

• Some girls enjoy it, others don't. If a girl needs an emotional guy, someone who can share their feelings and who she can share her feelings with, so such a type of girl would not date an emotionally turned off guy.

• It's a turn off when a guy is turned off, emotionally. I'm really open, and women love sharing feelings and confidences, so yeah - dealbreaker.

• No, it's not attractive. Quiet and brooding is ok, but at the end of the day the guy has got to be able to open up. And emotions are a nice thing. They're natural and human.

• Most women like to fix things so there are a lot that are. I like to call them stupid.

• I do not!^_^ I love the opposite I love sweet emotional guys<3

However. Let me tell you something o: I feel like... in reality, a lot of girls I guess would find that hot and manly? I dont know!! I see the appeal honestly! I see the appeal but Im just not attracted to guys who are like that I need to have lots of romance and lovey dovey stuff... however if you are naturally unemotional I think a lot of girls would be into that whole thing^_^

• No I don't but I'm attracted to a guy who's emotionally turned off, because so am I. The relationship goes nowhere but the sex is great

• What about a girl who's pretty unemotional? I'd give him a shot

• Personally speaking, it doesn't really work for me. It's kind of difficult for me to constantly build a connection with you if you don't feel comfortable enough to open up around me. My ex boyfriend was kind of like that, he tapped into his emotions after a while though

• It depends on the girl. I know many friends that prefer guys who are bit more closed off because they themselves are like that and don't like to express emotions too much. However, personally, I like guys are more open and willing to express their emotions. I think you have a shot at the first type of women i mentioned. Because even if you end up dating the second type, there will be problems later on. I am in such a relationship right now.

• It confuses us. And it's hard to judge if a guy likes you when he's not emotional, or doesn't show it. Not a deal breaker though.

• I honestly hate to open up emotionally but I like when a guy is doing it.

What Guys Said 5

• Im sure some do and some dont. Look, there is nothing everyone agrees on. Some people like a certain thing others dont. It truly depends onthe person.

• I am interested to read this.

• Maybe some are, but not all of them.

• lol no they don't. Women like guys who are open and inviting. You know those guys with big smiles on their face all the time and are friendly and easy to talk to as hell? Yeah, theyre usually pretty popular with girls

• I'm emotional so I hope not. D: