Do guys not talk to me because they're intimidated by me?

I get told I'm beautiful, A LOT. But I never believe any of it because the only guys that seem to hit on me are the desperate creepy old men. I'm really introverted, maybe that has something to do with it, I don't know.

• Yes, so start being more social.
  • They aren't intimidated, you can't be that pretty.
  • Maybe it's your resting bitch face.

Most Helpful Guy

• The options you use in the survey seem a bit odd to me. Sometimes introversion is interpreted as coldness or disinterest. They act like they want to be left alone because it's true to a degree. However, if you're hearing that you're beautiful all the time, aren't those examples of guys talking to you? Or are these only girls and creepy old men?

It's not clear to me if you have a problem with shyness. If that's the case, here is what I wrote about the subject:
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a6760-dating-while-shy-in-an-aggressive-world

• It's mainly friends, family, people on the street, & ex boyfriends.. But I know I have a problem with shyness & I'm trying to overcome it all because I know I can come off as a bitch when I'm actually nice. Lol

• I can connect just fine, it's just I can't find anyone to connect with. Once I meet someone, & they get to know me it's all good you know.. and I'm not picky, I just don't wanna go out with a man old enough to be my dad. Past relationships were nice, but having to confront anyone is my worst fear, & I was thinking maybe they expect me to make the first move? (People in general, not just men) Because I have a hard time making friends too.

• It doesn't seem likely that everyone expects you to make the first move. I really can't guess what's holding guys back, besides those much older ones. Perhaps friends can observe how you interact with new people for the first time and tell you if there is some off-putting reaction that is getting misread by others.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 17

• I'd need a whole lot more information before I could accurately answer your question.

The short simple answer would be that yes, men are often intimidated by beautiful women and believe approaching them is A. a waste of their time, and B. a good way to be humiliated. Either way, it's not an appealing prospect.

• I don't know what the true answer is, but I put "Yes, so start being more social", because that'll help things no matter what. Go out, follow up on invitations, have fun.

• I don't think it's cause you intimidate them if you are "really introvert" but then may think you don't want to be talked to. So yes maybe you can be a bit more social around the people you want to be around. I know this is not something that you can easily do but it's the advice I have right now.

• It's all about a mans confidence, if he doesn't have any, you don't want to talk to him anyway. Confidence is attractive with men and women. You just need someone that compliments you. Have you been told that you have a strong personality? Or very vocal?

• I've been told I have a strong outgoing personality, yes.. But the only ones who really see that side of me are the people I'm comfortable around.

• hmmm, I am not sure what to tell you then, just be you and someone will come along and love everything about you.

• So when a guy finds you attractive but he happens to be older, he is automatically creepy. Hmmm... Ok. Maybe it has to do with your attitude?

• He's creepy if the approach is weird, which it always is. So try again b 😂😂

• You don't walk in my shoes everyday you old bastard. You are the fucking problem, just accept it. Whats Normal to you is weird to a lot of other people, including me.. Since you're so smart, preach that to your other old CREEPY pals who probably catcall girls who mind their own business.

• Go on... Keep proving me right. You must be attractive right until you open your mouth.

• Yeah you're scary :O more scary than Michael Myers.

• You're probably giving off a vibe that is unapproachable

• Im always neutral so that can't be true. Although I have been told I always look mad, I can't help it though. It's just my face

• It's true, women like that are Harder to approach

• I'm rather shy, and I'd rather have a girl start a conversation because starting a conversation can be hard. But if someone else starts one, then all you need to do is pay attention and carry it on

• Yes, that's possible.

• Nope... thats usually when you 'think' you're super hot but probably not as much as you think

Guys are not intimidated to that extent lol

• Are you wearing pants in that picture? I wouldn't talk to a girl who didn't have pants! What if i wanted to sag my jeans, and i trip? That's a story to tell your kid how you and daddy met

• If you weren't looking so hard, you could probably tell that Im wearing grey leggings. 😉
      Also, judging from your bio.. I wouldn't talk to you either boo. 😂😂😂

• Mmmh guess it's my loss.. ill just settle for the second prettiest girl in the world ;;)

• I dont know you so I can't say.

• Maybe if you posted a pic, I could say.

• I think men are put off by your poor photographic skills...

• Says the boy with no picture what so ever lol. Let me see your ugly ass 😘😘

• Why would anyone put their pic on here unless they are insecure about their looks and need validation? I look fine, but this is not a dating site so why put up a pic?

• This post sounds trollish.

Try chatting a bit more with people.

• How the fuck does it sound "trollish"?

• Your 3 possible answers, and your response to my first comment.

This is relating to you on another level...
      I'm a very attractive guy who is also introverted, not only that... I'm NOT shy and I'm extremely assertive. I have a resting bitch face so I've been told, I was never told i was attractive by anyone outside of family because people at school thought I knew already so I had a chip on my shoulder for some time because people would pick on me but I'm very "cool" so I choose to brush I off.

I've realized after working on myself for some time that the people I would go out and meet were insecure, full of shit, desperate for attention, negative, and honestly not that great as company, except for the 2-3 out of 50 you meet that vibe with you.

Try being more chatty and smile more, you'll run into those select few that you can really vibe with :)

Brad Pitt's quote, "I'm a guy people don't like because of good genes."
      Embrace the hate and laugh at the miserable people who have it.

• Wow, thank you!! ☺️☺️

• based on the pic you don't look super hot
    you look regular, so it might not be that

• You ain't got no say in what MY picture look like. You don't even have one boo! I know I done pissed you off some where because first of all I didn't ask for a rate.. & You obviously can't see my face, lol. You tried it though. 😕😂 Poor tink tink. .

• hey not my fault you can't prove people wrong

• I just did so.. Ya.
      Accept the L & carry on with your fucking life. 😉

• Your answers to @JuicyBrain told all there's to tell.

What Girls Said 3

• I don't know what you look like but I went with resting bitch face because a friend of mine who is shy has this same problem.

• ahem non of the above, The more open and VERY honest guys/ the creepy desperate guys aren't the only guys out there, Guys (especially guys that like you) will be shy. The good guys that is

• I don't know, guys have all types of reasons for not talking to a girl they're interested in. there's not details here to say for a certainty but it could very well be that they're intimidated by you, like you think.