When does a woman hit "cougar" status?

I'm 33, and a close friend keeps joking that I'm nearing "cougar" status... really? What's the official age?

Sadly I don't fancy younger guys... so I guess I'm in the clear! Ha!

Most Helpful Guy

• Age doesn't matter. Its the persuit of men younger than you that marks a couger.

In my opinion, its whenever there is an obvious age difference by look

Most Helpful Girl

• Cougar is more to do with the age difference (10years) between the woman and the younger man she's dating. If the same woman is dating or married to a man 10 years older than her, the cougar label suddenly disappears! And I am not sure there are any specific labels for men who date or marry ladies 10 years younger - it's a little sexist!

What Guys Said 23

• 33 is a young milf. Cougars start around early 40's.

• Hey now, 33 is YOUNG YOUNG YOUNG. 8)

*directs you to my age*

Seriosusly though, don't you have to be 40+ to earn that moniker?

• nah thats just their way of taking the piss... you really need to be older than that, more 40ish i would say.

but the thing about being a cougar is that you really need to be trying to bed inappropriately younger guys. say guys in their early 20s so they are basically half your age..

age appropriate partners dont make you a cougar :P

• 35 middle aged. :) Your more like a cub ^_^

• There is no official age, same as dirty old man. It's just the whole she's sleeping with someone much younger then her... I wouldn't worry about it.

• Yeh its getting there, 40 definitely, 35 maybe? Im not sure there's an actual definition. I mean if you were to sleep with an 18 year old him and his friends might class you as one.

• I think your hot! Would you watch a guy wearing shorts trying to get his car started when it was cranking over but not catching? That's what happened to me when I was leaving the gym and some girl kept watching me. I was embarrassed but kind of turned on.

• I wouldn't watch, I'd probably come over and see if I could help... if not offer what help I could

• It usually wear medium high shorts-few inches above the knee, and they ride up a little, when I have trouble starting my car I try and pump the gas and say "come on please start". Is that kind of sexy? It gets me going if a girl likes it. 😀

• Hi, I was headed to the gym again today I'm my shorts and my car didn't want to start again, I had to pump the gas a lot to get it started 😉

• 29 to me. At that age she's ready to "teach" us younger guys "a thing or two"

• You're a cougar to me.. I'm actually 22 years old lol. You look fricken hot though.. I'm seriously on a mission to bang a cougar. I want to give this nice young athletic body to woman that's used to old men taking cialas. Just blow her away lmao.

• I agree with others, it's about the age difference. And 33 is not Cougar status at all! Haha

• I'd say forties.

• Sounds agreeable except that I don't thing a 31 yr old dating a 21 yr old guy makes her a cougar yet. There IS an age aspect also. Again, its not a science so I may be wrong. :)

• When you start screwing boys young enough to be your son.

• I'd say any woman over 40 that goes for guys 8+ years younger than her is a cougar.

• Strong username to post content ratio

• mid 40s

• is there one, i would say around 45 really!!

• I heard 35 then I've heard 40

• when she's 20 years older than the guy she's having sex with

• I don't know about age, I thought "cougars" were just women dating much younger men.

• 40 years old

• "Sadly I don't fancy younger guys... so I guess I'm in the clear! Ha!" dammit her cougar status means nothing now! gifmansion.com/.../...ma-prof-throws-chair-gif.gif

• are you that obsessed dumbass that asks 9.000 questions per year about how screwed up she is and if she ever gets to marry at her age?

• No just a curious party but thank you for calling my sanity into question.

What Girls Said 6

• When she's 10 years older than the guy, technically this is the definition of a cougar...

• there no offical number. I think its when you get really old haha! Maybe 65ish?

• This is a good question. As a follow up, what is the minimum age difference between the woman and the younger guy for that to be considered a cougar?

My mom jokes about being one, but her husband is only 6 years younger. I don't think that's actually a cougar. Is it?

• I agree with many of the additions here. Your cougar when you go after younger guys. I'm a cougar. I'll be 25 this month and I love 18-year-old guys. They reload faster

• Anything that is significantly higher than the age of the man in subject.

• You could be a cougar if hitting on a 23 year old man, for instance.