Did I say something that offended this girl?

Started chatting to a girl on OKC, and bam a road block. This happens quite often and makes me wonder WTF. Am I unintentially saying something that freaks girls out, like seriously the what the fuck is going on?

Here is a shot of the conversation.

Most Helpful Girl

• I dunno I just read that as too much negativity on your part. Try throwing in some humor/witty comments ;)

• Eh. Really?

• Neh I don't want to sit here and argue, rather go outside for a smoke. I don't like arguing, I rather avoid that. I don't have a problem. I'm just not very good being social with woman, about it. I respect and honor your opinion, doesn't mean I agree with it. But nevertheless I don't disregard opinions of others.

• Your negativity is offensive, so yes you offended the girl, and that was the reason.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you kind of said the same overall thing three times in a row, "You're an amazing artist" 3 different ways. It kinds of ends up killing the conversation.

It might help if you ask her questions like what mediums she likes, her favorite subjects to draw, etc. -- some questions that make her think a bit and realize you are genuinely interested in her artwork and not just flattering a pretty girl, e. g.

Or you could move the subject and make it more about her, and while you shouldn't talk about yourself too much, it helps to share some things about yourself here and there.

• Ah. Well I don't get the entire dating thing and just act like myself. This is pretty much how I am IRL. Until you befriend me and see just how happy-go-lucky and crazy (in a good way) of a person I am.

• One thing to read there if you watch her response is that it's a passive response. She's not giving you much information, just terse replies. That's kind of already going to work its way to a halt, unless you do something like ask a very stimulating question that really gets her enthusiastic.

So it helps if you can break out of the, "Damn, you're great at drawing, I can't draw anything" kind of mentality and start kind of giving her a lot of bait to get into the conversation.

• With a girl like this (I assume attractive and skilled at drawing), she's going to get that kind of, "Damn, you're great at drawing, I can't draw" kind of feedback a whole lot. So it's not bad to actually kind of intellectual challenge a girl like this, not come off as too friendly, and pose her some questions that take some thought and time to answer about her art. It'll make you stand out from the rest of the guys just giving her compliments about her drawing ability.

What Girls Said 2

• You keep drawing it out. It's boring. I would have introduced myself, ask her name, and tell her you're interested in getting to know her better.

• You didn't say anything offensive? Why would you think that by those responses. You literally just started the convo with her. Its not like she's gonna be talking like you've known her for a while. And by the way looks like you're trying to hard.

• Hmm. I can't say I was trying to hard. I was being myself with a sensitivity filter on. It's either the way the convo is or it goes to pretty weird places, just the fun way I am. Bundle of random joy and cursing like a sailor.

• @Lioness I'm not sure if you ever were told by your parents to never judge people without knowing them. What do you know about me? I'm negative? No, I'm pessimistic realist. I find it funny and hypocritical of bashing someone for their negative outlook on life, and not to stop and ponder why someone as they are. I am the way I am do to things in my own life, most spanning from childhood. I lost my father before I was born and never seen him, and there has been a lot of shit in my life that caused me to loose hope and any glimmer of positive outlook that I one's had as a child. My own mother cheated on my step-dad and was pregnant with someone else's child before she aborted it. And you say I'm negative and hateful? I have every fucking right to be, but I keep that to myself. So in the end what the fuck do you know about me? Troll, spammer, moto? I live by one motto "Treat others as you wish to be treated" this backfired in my face many times, but I still l live by that sayings.

• I know you are a negative person, and you admitted it, so where is the unfair judging on my part? You asked for advice and then didn't take any of it seriously, so yeah it's upsetting we try to help and you don't wanna hear it. Shit happens, no one has a perfect childhood, don't let that color your life in grayness.

What Guys Said 1

• You haven't said anything bad there. Are you telling us she blocked you? If that's the case, then sorry, she just doesn't want to speak to you...