Can an Atheist girl date a Christian guy?

So I have liked this guy for 5 months and we started talking to each other about a week ago. We have a lot in common except what we believe in. I'm worried that if our different beliefs would ruin the chance of dating. And I respect all religions considering my dad is Christian, my sister is Muslim, and my mom believes in aliens.

Most Helpful Guy

• You absolutely can... but it takes a lot of respecting others beliefs on both sides. it's not easy.

• Thanks for MHO... and for what it's worth, my daughter (atheist) was in a relationship with a Catholic guy... and he couldn't handle it. Hope yours works out better.

Most Helpful Girl

• as long as you respect his religion, it should all be fine

What Guys Said 4

• There ain't a nation your whole fam can travel to a not have someone hating y'all for you beliefs, kudos to y'all :)
    It's all good if you two are cool with it

• Lol your family sounds weird.
    Anyway, there's no reason why you can't unless he doesn't want to. I'm Catholic and I would date an atheist (more preferably an agnostic instead) unless she was one of those butt heads who doesn't shut up and is irreligious (in a hostile way of course.) Go for it, it can't hurt to try!

• Yes, though depending on how observant he is, marriage would not be allowed unless you converted or at least faked it and accepted Baptism like a lot of us do in the Orthodox Church while otherwise observing our faith only nominally.

• If you guys aren't dogmatic about your views yes it could work.

What Girls Said 3

• Well I think as long as you both respect each other there shouldn't be a problem. I would be concerned with you getting hurt though, because with him being a Christian the Bible speaks of being equally yoked. That could eventually become a problem for him.

• they can if they can make it work. i personally wouldn't do it.

• Honestly, it depends how much he's into his faith. If he's a very godly man then I would think he'd want a godly woman. Also depends on his denomimation. Mine (pentecostal) believes in only dating a man or woman of god.