What is dating to you?

Do you date to get to know someone and then declare a relationship?
Or do you get to know someone then date/declare a relationship?

Most Helpful Guy

• For me dating just means I like a girl ever-so-slightly, and hopefully she likes me at least ever-so-slightly. The dating is to grow our feelings toward each other, and kind of test our compatibility, but most of all, just have fun.

I never do that kind of build a crush on someone and then ask them on a date. That never worked for me, and it makes it nerve-wracking to simply go up to the person and ask them out.

So I just casually ask people out on a date, and the date itself is kind of a casual affair, not some super romantic courtship thing. I save those moves for later, and only if these casual kind of dates go well.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd rather get to know them first through being friends and whatnot before declaring a "relationship" just cuz it's less pressure and more chill.

What Guys Said 8

• The second option. I think its awkward trying to get to know eachother after you've both already expressed romantic interest. It puts so much pressure on your shoulders.

I want to see that we can get along and have fun together as friends before taking it to the next level. Less stress and anxiety. Plus, i find it easier to love someone who is familar to me--someone that i know well.

• I think it depends on your relationship with the person.

If you don't know the person you get to know them through dating then declare a relationship on the way/after a while. If a bond has been established.

You could know the person prior to dating them. They could be a friend or an acquaintance.

• To get to know a person more In order to see wether or not you like the person more than a friend, and to see if she likes you back in that way

• Get to know then date. I wouldn't date someone I don't know well, what if we don't click? Does that count as breaking up?

• Its an inconvenience. I have only been out with over 2 women in my life, in reality i have had thousands of dates but only with the same person. I view beginning dates as just simply getting to know the person.

• That's a lot of inconveniences then 😂

• Plenty:p i enjoy them sometimes, but being dragged to the mall every time we went out made me wanna shoot myself

• i like to know them first but mostly it´s the other way around... trying to date a girl you allready know doesn´t work. they´ll put you in the friendzone right away.

• I don't date anymore
    women don't want it so why do it

• People will use 'dating' to mean both in a relationship, or just 'going on dates but not yet in a relationship'.

I think your'e less worried about the term dating, and more when do you shift from just going on dates to being a couple.

It depends how well you knew each other.

If you didn't really know each other, you go on at least a few dates before deciding to be a couple

If you knew each other well, you can skip that stage and simply start being a couple.

What Girls Said 5

• To me, dating and relationships are the same. Then again, I've only ever dated guys who I was really close friends with beforehand so I suppose we skipped the 'dating' in most part.

With my current guy, we basically went from being really close friends straight to a relationship.

• Something you do to find if you want see this person romantically again!

• I date to get to know someone and then if I like them we can make it official.

• I've done both. I got to know my boyfriend very well before we went on a date, because he was actually still in a previous relationship when we met.
    I've also dated people before I got to know them, and they never worked out.

• Get to know someone, go on a few dates, decide to start a relationship.