If two people love each other, WHY can't they be together?

It seems so simple. If two people love each other, they should just be together... right? But then WHY is that not always the outcome? I've often heard fear (on the part of one or both people involved) cited as a reason... but personally, I can't think of a reason to justify not being with someone you love. I think it sucks and is downright depressing.

Most Helpful Guy

• Unfortunately love is not always enough

Most Helpful Girl

• Because certain incompatibilities like them having religions/cultures that are overly conflicting, disapproval from family members or even friends, one partner is not quite as interested in actually pursuing a relationship, and many other things like that that would make a two people who are in 'love' being together super impractical.

Love doesn't conquer all in the real world. Having that mentality is actually what leads to many people remaining in relationships that are abusive or in some way not even beneficial to both parties.

What Guys Said 1

• I love someone. I just haven't asked them to be my girlfriend yet

What Girls Said 1

• i'm in this situation! the guy had a bad past relationship so doesn't want to give us a go... don't know what to do to convince him