If you meet a person who seems to be perfect for you, but you don't really feel that attracted to them, do you let them go or wait and see?

Is attraction immediate? Or can it be built with time and bonding? If a person is sure they want you in every way but you're a bit more hesitant... do you wait and see if you can reach their level of infatuation or do you break it off so they can find a better suited partner? (and so can you)

I just read this article related to my question and I'll link it just because it made a lot of sense to me and maybe it'll do the same for someone else: thoughtcatalog. com/brianna-wiest/2016/01/8-reasons-why-love-is-something-you-grow-into-not-something-you-feel-immediately/

Most Helpful Girl

• I say wait and see cause you never know if feelings will develop... if, after a month or 2, you still feel the same, its probably best to let it go

What Guys Said 3

• let em go.

no attraction obviously means somethings off, not perfect.

• Maybe I expressed myself wrongfully, I meant to say that there is attraction but not as much as the other person feels

• so as the situation calls, she might be in it 100% but I'm only at like 89%, what would I do then?

probably wait a bit, see what happens, changes.

• Exactly! Thanks for the input, it's sort of what I had in mind but I didn't want to be selfish

• I believe it can be built. The more time you spend talking to one another, the more you share and so the more you see what you have in common.

• I think I feel this way too... my fear is that the other person is so certain and moving so fast that I don't wanna hurt him when/if in spite of the time we spend together, I still don't feel those butterflies

• I will try to spend more time with them , and I will try to find that if she truly loves me , then no problem if I'm not attracted to her , becoz I don't want attraction , I only need someone who cares for me and can take care of my children well.

What Girls Said 2

• For me attraction is immediate and for a guy to be "perfect" in my eyes I'd need to feel that spark otherwise I have no motivation to progress things. I've never suddenly felt a spark where I didn't initially.

• No I don't wait and see. I know almost right from the start if if it could lead to something more or not. Attraction doesn't develop over time for me it's there right away or never at all.