Is there any easy way to walk away from a toxic relationship?

I have been in a relationship with my boyfriend for going on 5 years and during this time it has been an almost constant uphill battle. We have stayed and tried working through our differences but it seems like we are at the end of it all. The toxic behavior is coming from both of us. Mostly from the lack of understanding and communication. He refuses to understand my depression and I just can not understand his anger problems. We have tried, very hard. But it has simply gotten us no where. And our differences have gradually changed us as people and made us drift past repair. We have 2 kids together and 1 on the way. Which, I am sure that is the reason why we have fought for so long to hold onto the hope of a drastic change that will somehow pull the happiness out of one another. We are miserable, all the time. And even though we are miserable together we can't seem to let go. I love him, that is one thing that has never changed. And I can't seem to grasp the fact that sometimes love just even enough and that just because you love someone doesn't mean that you are meant to be together. I know that he feels the same. We have talked about it many times. We just aren't meant for eachother. But we just can't seem to walk away without completely destroying ourselves. The one time we did split we both had a very hard time and somehow managed to find our way back to each other four months later.

Despite how happy I was that we had managed to work things out enough to repair a little portion of the brokeness and get back together, I still knew it was not right. I had a very good idea that it was just not going to get better. I am having a hard time walking away. So is he. Neither of us can find the motivation to do so and to be honest; we are both being quite selfish as we don't want eachother to find someone new. Even though we know that its just not working. Any advice would help at this point. Thank you all in advance.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• the easy way is to split and never return. it doesn't get much easier. u tell him it just isn't working, and you tried. you have to let him know u will always love him, but it's not the love that would compel you to stay forever, and I'm guessing that's the love u want. I'm sorry.