Guys how many times per day do you think a girl should call, email and or text you?

Do men get annoyed with females who call, text or email endlessly through out a day? What does this spell out about the girls who do this endless communicating and how does it may you feel?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• I already have a rule when it comes to calling me on my cell. If it's work related then I pick up every time. If it is family or my girlfriend calling I don't pick up or return the call until after 6pm every day. The same goes for text messaging but I would rather talk directly than text back and forth. In the beginning of my relationship my girl would send me lots of emails a day. I had a talk with her because I rarely check my private email throughout the week, I usually leave it until the weekend. My private work email address is checked about 5 times a day but I only return messages to coworkers and again if it is only work related. As for my land line phone at my house I always have the answering machine answer it first.As for your question, I don't mind my girlfriend calling me all the time but I put the above rules in place so that when I am at work I can concentrate on what needs to get done before I leave for the day. I try to keep my work life separate from my personal life.

• Excellent answer! I like that you set limits and boundaries. Everyone should set limits and boundaries if they did more relationships would last and not wreak so much havoc. Thank you for answering my question ..........I'm researching the over use/abuse of constant communication.........it seems we have little privacy in the world and now that we live in a world so many forms of communication people who are in relationship are abusing our privacy and or space if you will.

What Guys Said 2

• The only thing about getting endless calls/texts/emails all the time is that if I don't get a chance to miss you, I don't know it's hard to explain, it's like everything becomes too routine too quick. You know, it takes some of the new and exciting chemistry out of the relationship by making it predictable by always staying in contact. Then there are routine things that are exciting because you look forward to them. And then there's getting into a rut because of the same thing happening over and over again. So you got to change it up a little bit, whatever.

• Endless calls texts and emails drive me insane. this just shows to me that they're extremely clingy and it will cause problems because I am a withdrawn person. I'm happy with one or two phone calls a day and text messages throughout the day as long as it isn't one every other minute saying "hi" and the next one a minute after saying "you there?"as of email, I don't check my email that often so I honestly don't know

What Girls Said 2

• I know I'm not a guy, but I don't like it when a boyfriend calls me all the time, and demands my attention constantly. I'm a fairly independent person and it tends to piss me off after a while, it makes me feel like he's codependent. I've even stopped having feelings for a guy over it. (He called me multiple times everyday and insisted that we spend time together constantly.).If a guy calls me more then twice in a day, and we don't have plans, and there's nothing wrong with him or me, then he's calling me too much. If he wants to talk we can make plans and meet somewhere to socialize. I think that phones bring a level of detachment to the table that is inappropriate for getting to know someone. I just don't like telephones, and guys don't seem to understand that.

• Yes, this question was geared towards men however you are absolutely right guys can be codependent, controlling, emotionally needy. I have had guys I dated try to give me a cell phone so they could call me, keep tabs on me is more like it. Thanks for your comment.

• I'm trying to find out the same thing I never understand guys. Because me and my boyfriend well now were a "Break" so called for a little bit. lol Anyways he was like oh call me any time you want I was no. He said yeah go a head so like 3 times I called...and first time was voicemail then he wasn't answering me. I was like wtf! then I asked him about he was like oh...um I don't know I was yeah whatever...but I wait for him to call me. Hope that helped. I think the males do get annoyed I think that's why they turn there cell phones off!! LOL.

• Absolutely, if you think about it most of the things you have to say can wait until later...I posted this question because I am tired of accusing woman solely of being needy. I have had several men in my life call me endlessly to keep tabs on me. But honestly there is no need for all this endless communication over the phone, text and or email...........the problem is we say what we want over text, email et cetera and young people today can't seem to communicate in person. Boyfriend an idiot.dump him