What did this mean to him? Is he not trying because he really thinks I'm out of his league or did he lie about it?

I've been seeing this guy for about a month. The past week or so I have been having doubts. Mainly because I've been hurt several times in the past and I'm getting more and more attached. I think I subconsciously want to bail out of the relationship before getting risked getting hurt. Anyways I went skiing this weekend and stayed Ina hotel with 4 friends. The first night I got drunk and ended up flirting with my guy friend who I've had feeling for a while. We left the bar and I broke down and told him this new relationship of mine is freaking me out. I started crying and told him I was not ready to commit. He held me in his arms and consoled me. He said I was beautiful and he does not know how anyone could have ever hurt me. I know he has been in a similar situation so we bonded. A few months ago we had hooked up and he told me he did not see me this way. I asked him why he said that and he said because he thinks I'm way out of his league and he felt he had no chance with me. I know he's a super insecure guy (we've known each other for a while). We slept in the same bed and the rest of the weekend he acted like we were together. As soon as we left he started bein distant. We have not talked about what this meant. I have liked him for a really long time. He told me he had a really hard time believing I would like him because I'm prettier. What should I do? We have not talked about it since, I'm feeling really confused.

What Guys Said 2

• It's difficult to suss out.

I mean, he could be one of the minority of guys who is not confident enough to date a woman who, in his view, often receives a reasonable amount of attention and offers from other guys.

Or, he may he fears being hurt, or perhaps he simply does not want to be in a relationship at this time, etc.

"What should I do?" Reach out to him and broach the issue, or let it lie to get a better understanding of situation.

• That's strange, I would never say that

What Girls Said 0