Guys, are you getting roses for your sweetie on Valentine's Day? Having them delivered?

If you are getting roses for your sweetie on Valentine's Day, do you know how to get the most bang for your buck? It's simple: send the roses to her at her job, even if you must have them delivered 2-3 days early. When those roses are delivered and she is carrying them to her desk or work station, the other women will be looking at her. She will return their jealous stares with a look that says "Oh, girls! Look what my man sent me!" When that happens, you scored at least 75% of the available points.

It's a simple gesture. It has great rewards.

Of course, you can stop at the grocery store, buy the dozen red roses, and hand them to her in person, and she will be appreciative. She'll never tell you but she would have preferred it if you had arranged for the roses to be delivered at work. If you don't believe this, ask any lady who has ever received roses at her work. Most will say they got more enjoyment out of the roses that were delivered.

Did your lady tell you that she doesn't want to receive flowers? Don't believe it! Maybe 10% of the woman say that because they really mean it. The other 90% have been taught to be self-effacing, low maintenance, and never expect much, so they will automatically say "no, don't send me flowers," but they are secretly hoping that you will ignore their instructions and send flowers anyway.

Yes, I am one of the older users on this site. . . but some things never change!

• I don't have a sweetie to pamper on Valentine's Day
  • I have a sweetie but she doesn't want to receive flowers
  • I have a sweetie but I am not sending her flowers
  • I have a sweetie and I am taking flowers to her at her work
  • I have a sweetie and I am taking flowers to her at her home
  • I have a sweetie and I am having flowers delivered to her at her work
  • I have a sweetie and I am having flowers delivered to her at her home

Most Helpful Girl

• Listen to this man. He speaks the truth! Everytime I received flowers or presents at work, it made my day, nay, MY WEEK!

Oh what I would do to receive a dozen roses at work for my next birthday! But it's unlikely to happen 😞

Most Helpful Guy

• Yessir, having roses, balloons and a teddy bear delivered to her at work on the unit we both work at. I can't wait to see her face when she gets them and all the girls at work are starring with envy lol it will be priceless!

• Lucky girl 😊

• really lucky girl I soooo wish for that, he'd come home to massages and food and kisses hehe :)

• @lolaluva09 that would be nice.
      But honestly it isn't required. I've dated a lot and this girl is really special to me. She makes me happy everyday by being mine so this is the least I can do to get her to smile and feel happy :)

What Girls Said 27

• Well, I wish I had someone who would buy me flowers. It's such a nice gesture. I am fortunate enough to have had 1 valentines day in my life where I got roses. I cried, I was so happy. It was honestly one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me.

I might just end up buying myself some flowers. I love flowers so much!

• If I had a million dollars, I would send roses to all the single ladies, just to cheer them up. . . assuming that my girlfriend was okay with the plan. All of the lonely Valentine's Days will make you appreciate that special guy who comes along - maybe sometime soon - and treats you like a princess!

• Awe, that's so sweet! I think they would all appreciate it. Especially since so many people brag about their good valentines day. I don't usually bring it up unless asked and I never post pictures of my gifts on social media. Why make someone feel worse than they already feel for being single on that day?

I really do hope that I find a guy who can at least treat me decently. It's really hard out there, and I'm trying to stay hopeful. Thanks :)

• i asked my dad to get me a teddy bear. he said no because there are already enough around the home =/

So i asked for a rose and we settled on "ill think about it".

EXCITEMENT PEAKINGGGGG :D

• I'm a nanny and a waitress so I don't have the best work environment for deliveries, although you're absolutely right about showing off your man's thoughtfulness to other women. It's very satisfying :)

• I don't have a sweetie to pamper on Valentine's Day. I would go all tradition japapense and make chocolate and than on white day he has to make me burgers haha!

• I brought my boyfriend a bunch of red roses, and they will be sent to him on his door step.. *shifty look* I hope he sees this and is thrown off, from what i really got him LOL

I did buy him something. I spent an hour or so with customer service to make sure everything is A OK! His in the States and i'm in Australia, so I organised it a couple of weeks before Valentines day LOL

• Not sure if he is getting me flowers.

I have already ordered from a local bakery a dark/espresso, milk and white chocolate berry and fruit arrangement and cotton candy, campaign (you pour the campaign over the raspberry cotton candy, very sweet and nice way to drink a glass of bubbly), already have my slinky little black dress all ready to dance with him, we're not going out though! He's getting steak and salmon for dinner!! Our first Valentine's Day since we got married! = ]

• You can never go wrong with roses! Pink roses and a box of chocolates are my favorite Valentine's surprise :)

• I love roses! But I love them most when that person gives it to me, it's this unexplainable feeling that I can't explain. I'm a hopeless romantic to me even a rose from a garden will make me the happiest. But I'm single at the moment so I'll probably spoil my self and of my sister doesn't have any plans then I'll probably have a sister day😄

• I'm more likely to get him roses than he is me.

• I fucking hate flowers. They smell, they make a mess, they're overall a waste of money. No thank you.

I will, however, accept a bouquet of Reese's.

• I have a sweetie.
    I don't demand a thing and can't afford anything but I don't expect more than a hug.

• Just make sure she didn't say no flowers because she's allergic. An ex sent me flowers after I said no flowers and I was allergic to the ones he sent.

• No sweetie to pamper on Valentines Day. Although I'll probably get the kids some candy. And take my Beast for a wash.
    If there was a Valentine in the picture, I'd prefer flowers any other day, but Valentine's day way too much $$ much rather go do something fun like bowling or pool.

• Dude, if my man bought me FTD delivery during THE one week OUT OF THE ENTIRE YEAR when surge pricing is at an absolutely unconscionable peak, I'd just feel let down. Disappointed.
    Hell, I'd mostly be disappointed in myself. The fact that I'd picked a sucker, wouldn't sit easy with me. #yougotgot #youvebeenhad

I like boys who understand the hustle and can run it. Not boys who fall for it.

• No flowers for me... single Pringle.. 😕

• I'll be skydiving on my birthday, err.. "Valentine's" 😎👌

• I've asked my boyfriend to not get me flowers. They cost too much around Valentines Day. I think he's planning on getting me a box of chocolates, and we'll be cooking for each other.

• I'm single so I'll just buy myself flowers

Lol I'm joking... not about being single but about buying myself flowers

• You are 100% right. Women love the gesture... and the bragging rights lol

• I'm single sooo... no roses for me this year :/

• Flowers are nice. Roses are very traditional. Yet another year.

• Is it weird to not want to acknowledge V-Day? I like it to be like any other day, no special treatment. I like to spend my birthday that way too..

• Yes, that is unusual. Now weird or wrong, but definitely unusual. Do you become uncomfortable when you are the center of attention?

• Yes. But I just don't care about them. Now for someone else's birthday I'm all over it

• wonder how it's like to receive flowers.. The 19th year of loneliness on valentines day. doesn't bother me I guess I'm use to it. Hope y'all have fun

• Wish I could send someone flowers 😂

• in my school they give you a choice of cupcakes or roses. I always go for the cupcake option hahahh

• I see, both become useless after a day or two.. You choose the tastier option !

• my dad is bringing me roses on valentines as usual :P

• I keep hoping my guy will get me flowers, but he never has. 😔 We're in an LDR, but I still manage to get cupcakes delivered to him on his birthday...

What Guys Said 26

• I used to send flowers "just because", until she told me she hates that I buy flowers. She told me to stop wasting money needlessly since they wilt and die. She told me she prefers if I buy her clothes, bags, jewelry, or shoes...

Ah hell with it, I'm going to take your advice on that last bit and buy one anyway.

... and her preferred items whenever we hit the mall 😑

• Roses are a little cliche to me, plus I like to personalize the bouquet. What I do is go down to Safeway early in the morning and select about three bouquets I really like that match, then have the florist organize them together into one big one. Usually costs about $30.

But since my mother and sister are the only girls in my life, the flowers are for them as I don't have a girlfriend. Occasionally I'll get my grandmother one too.

• What I'm gonna be doing on Valentine's day.
    http://i.imgur.com/1a0DkzC.png

• We can't do flowers, my cat gets into them😂😹 She doesn't really like flowers anyway, haha

• 2 words

i think we all know what the 2 words are

• nope. I won't let a calendar tell me I have to over pay for the same floweres that were 1/10 the price the week before. V day is such a horseshit holiday.

• That's a great idea! Though I think I will bring then to her at work and then take her for a nice lunch during her lunch break. I also want to think of something really big for the evening because god knows she has something extravagant planned for me! She's a creative spontaneous woman my wife!

• I think I'm just going to stay inside and get on GaG and see what's poppin on here this valentines! XD

• Isn't it better to give your woman flowers without a reason (like Valentine's Day)?

Then it just shows you were thinking of her - without any obligations!!

It's much more direct - that's why my girl doesn't need flowers on Valentines...

• I understand your thinking and don't disagree with the sentiments, but when other girls are getting flowers delivered and your girl doesn't get any, she feels bad. . . even if she never admits that to you.

• Yes, but if all the other girls in her office get roses on Valentine's Day and she doesn't, how do you think that plays out?

• That's what I'm talking about too - if Valentine's feels like a good time, go for the flowers!

• I don't like flowers so she is not getting flowers: p

• I'm a flowers guy.
    But i don't have anyone to give this time :p

Maybe next year.
    What about you Wiser? What will you do with your girl?

• Feb 14 is also her birthday. My family will have a birthday dinner for her Feb 11. I will have roses delivered to her home (she is retired) and probably have some item of jewelry for her. She does not want to go out to dinner on VD so we will drive to the local fishing village, but some fresh seafood, and I will prepare dinner for her. Her son/only child can't be with us on Feb 14 so we are having a birthday dinner party for her on Feb 20; we will probably have 20-25 people in attendance and I will do all the cooking and preparations, and secure a birthday cake from the local deluxe bakery. For her birthday, I will take her to Boston for a long weekend but we won't go until sometime in late March or early April.

• Haha, seems a great plan. She's a lucky women.

• Something like that yeah.

• I broke up with my kind of girlfriend couple weeks ago that we wouldn't have to go through all this nonsense

• why have people been talking about V day for over a month on here?

• You should have put this up as a My Take :) <3

• We're currently eight time-zones away from each other. I'm having them delivered. 😊

• I will probably get my mom this rose 🌹 😛

• Holy shit, the single folks on gag. . can't complain, I am one of them ; - ;

• No sweetie. And I'm way too scared to just give roses to someone who is not my sweetie.

• Secret santa is nice, anyone ever do or hear of a secret valentines partner?

• Wow I'm not forever alone after all 67% of people are like me

• 67% of the people are 13 years old? :) :) :)

• But 14 soon.. Kids these days.. But seriously I'm lonliest in my school, even 10 year olds are in relationships, (commence spiderman meme) and I'm just sitting here masturbating

• This, too, shall pass.

• no I got her a dildo

• This is a sexist thread. You're a feminazi

• I refuse to buy items for people because I am told I have to.
    I buy my wife things when she needs them or deserves something special but never because I "have" to.

I also don't expect or want gifts from people because celebratory holiday propaganda tells someone to do it.

• Damn! So they actually prefer being seen by other women to get them?

That kinda makes sense tbh

1. What if they're a friend, can you text them some form of wish and should you use the word valentine in it?

2. If you think someone who is single (i. e. not your girlfriend, but your friend) is cute, should you do anything for them?

3. Can u help me out on this question pls? girlsaskguys. com/girls-behavior/q1889570-why-would-a-woman-group-message-you-in-this-special-circumstance

• Thanks, what do you make of points 1 to 3?

• 1. "Every lady deserves to be remembered on Valentine's Day and no one deserves that more than you. I hope that you have a wonderful day and that Cupid's arrow finds you as soon as you are ready for it. Happy Valentine's Day!"

3. Already responded to your other post.

• 1. Nice. That's realllly good. Is it erm.. too forward for a long distance text? As in does it make it awkward to text again in a few days or next week for instance? Given you're a male friend.. who met her when she was taken and now she is single (but she's abroad till she visits).
      2. What if you tell her to have a good day? Should you actually use the word valentines in there?

• flowers are gay.

don't waste your money on something i don't really care about. put that effort into writing something on a card.