What Do You Think About A Couple Where One Is Significantly Younger Than The Other?

Most Helpful Guy

• If they're happy and love each other, who cares

Most Helpful Girl

• I say do whatcha wanna do.

What Guys Said 3

• It depends on the age of the partners. When people are in their late teens and early 20's, there is a great difference in people's levels of maturity. A 26 year old guy and a 19 or 20 year old girl may be a good match, despite their significant age difference.

At my age, a significantly younger woman would be one who was 50 or younger. (My girlfriend is 63, and I'm happy with her, so this isn't going to happen.) That isn't a big enough age difference to qualify the lady as a golddigger. Some folks simply are not very age conscious and a 10 or 11 year age difference would be treated as insignificant.

If a 27 year girls starts chasing after me, I think I know where her interests lie.

• Women yr age can't be gold-diggers? Lol, that's... the weirdest thing I've heard in a long time.
      I mean, obviously a girl going after a man 30-40yrs older is more LIKELY to be in the market for financial gain, but, it's naive to think an age difference is necessary "to qualify the lady as a golddigger". I've seen plenty of same-age couples where one spouse could quite clearly and rightly be labeled as such.

__

"If a 27 year girls starts chasing after me, I think I know where her interests lie."

Are you that rich? LOL

• @redeyemindtricks Yea he refuse to date me ): Poor apple! lol hahah! He claims to be taken but I am on to him BWAHhahah!

• I think when both individuals are over 18, then it really doesn't matter. I would say more than 15 year difference is significant between the two, but it really is the individuals' choice. Some women like older guys, some don't. And vice versa.

(I'm seeing a girl who turned 19, she's great)

• depends on what age we are talking about...

• What ages would it not be okay according to you?

• For me personally everything legal would be fine, I'm not that uptight even though she preferably should be 18+ an have finished HS, it's hard to imagine it working out else. But if she's mature and you have similar interests then the age doesn't play that much of a role anymore

What Girls Said 12

• "As long as it's legal it's not my business."

• The older one has control and abuse issues.

That's my first thought. There's something wrong with both of them. The older one has control issues because otherwise they wouldn't choose to be with someone so much younger and less mature and able to handle themselves.

The younger is weak and not confident. They've probably experienced abuse in their past and are easily manipulated and weak willed. That's why they're afraid to be with someone who lets them have control.

• Well you're wrong, in the dynamic of their type of relationship it's common for there to be any age gap and for one person to be much older.

• You asked what I thought of it. And you're going to tell me I'm wrong? Are you offended?

• I assume she and he is over 18 . Then it is only their business.

• if it's the girl, i don't mind so much [im talking about like, 8 years]
    if it's the guy... yeah no. please no.

• It depends. Sometimes they make sense. Other time they seem to be clearly golddigging/cradle robbing.

• what's cradle robbing?

• Stereotypically, when an older man dates a much younger woman primarily for her looks, body, and sex. Also because she's easier to take advantage of than a woman his own age with more life experience. Depending on how young she is, she won't even know she's being used for these reasons. That's cradle robbing.

• I don't think much of it. i am gulity of it. But it never an extreme. hahah!

• I have a hard time believing they have a real connection and mutual interests, but there are always exceptions.

• Depends on their interactions.

• Which ones specifically and why?

• If I see a couple noticeably in love regardless of age difference I think it's beautiful. If I see one dictating or ruling over another, not attractive. same as with the arm candy candy variety.

• They aren't a couple.

• Why do you say that?

• Yes quite ambitious and bold. At least I'm consistant and my answer won't change no matter who asks me.

• Just b/c someone older is in a relationship w/ someone younger doesn't mean they have a predatory streak though.

• A relationship like mine. Lol.

• Go girl!

• You use the How I Met Your Mother formula: take the older person's age, divide by 2, and add 7. that's the youngest they can date.
    Of course, this doesn't work as well with teens. I say two years in highschool and one year any younger than that would be the max difference, in general.