Is it wrong for me to hang out with a guy friend and accept his gift on Valentines Day?

He won't be able to spend our FIRST Valentine's Day together so I decided to hang out with my friend which happens to be a guy. Thoughts on my boyfriend being upset about this.

Most Helpful Girl

• Unless you're dating someone else. Or if you don't like him back, that would just lead him on. And might lead to a broken heart. That to be of your friend. If you do like him back. You've got absolutely nothing to worry about! Go ahead and have fun!

What Guys Said 3

• Just imagine your boyfriend spending his time with a girl who's also giving him gifts. Do you think that is wrong?

• It'll depends if she likes him. A free gift is great. I don't see an issue

• Hang out with a guy friend? No, there's nothing wrong with it. But accepting his gifts? Yes, that's wrong. That's karma. And it can be very bad.

• Why is accepting his gift bad?:/

• Why does it necessarily have to be Valentine's Day? Can't you go a day alone on a holiday once? I don't wish people to do that all the time, but it should be tolerable at least once in a person's life - as long as they don't make it a habit.

• We've been hanging out a lot. I guess Valentine's DAay doesn't change that for him

• I would be kinda disappointed myself if I were in his shoes. Probably not something to break up over, just naturally jealous. Don't blame him for it.

• Then why not just hang out with your girlfriend yourself even though she's just hanging out with the friend because the boyfriend isn't around for it?

• He told me he wants to hang out with his family

• Well, anyway. What I'm basically saying is you're not wrong, but it wouldn't be wrong for him to feel bad either. Emotions aren't exactly controllable. How he reacts however is a different story.

What Girls Said 2

• I would be upset cuz will I am the angry silent jealous type. haha

• your boyfriend would be pissed... even if he says he won't be, he will deep down. I say talk to your boyfriend and ask if its alright to hang out with him... if he says yes, go on ahead, but don't accept his gift

• He's not ok with me hanging out with him or accepting a free gift

• So I should let my boyfriend control me and be a bad friend to my friend?

• It's not really a matter of being controlling, it's just a jealousy thing, he's your boyfriend so naturally wouldn't want you hanging round with other guys. look at things from you bf's perspective, for all he knows, your friend may have feelings for you if he's wanting to spend Valentine's day with you and give you presents. you could talk to your boyfriend and emphasise the fact you two are just friends, if you really want to spend valentines day with your friend. it doesn't make you a bad friend if you don't. there's lots of other things your friend could do on the day, and if you explain the boyfriend situation to him, he's sure to understand. but that's just my opinion. I'd talk to your boyfriend about it again, though, just so he knows it's nothing to worry about