Am I whining if I worry about never being in a relationship and feel that I will always be single due to my body?

I am a thick/toned woman and I have never been in a relationship, at the age of 21. All of my friends have been in relationships and it is probably because they are stick thin and Caucasian (I live in the South and attended a predominantly Caucasian hs). I am Hispanic and all the guys that pursue me are not my type, it is starting to get frustrating. I am annoyed at the fact I've never been in a relationship and will like to eventually get married and have children. People say I am picky? I don't say that's picky. Like why am I still single? Does it sound as if I am whining? This is how I feel -_-

• Yes, you are whining
  • No, you sound concerned

Most Helpful Guy

• You gotta choose... boyfriend or extra slices of pizza. Or, make a serious effort to find a giy that will like you as is... try online dating but be selective.

Most Helpful Girl

• First off, screw the people who think you want what you deserve and that you need to change. A lot of people prefer a thick tones girl, and not only that, but personality always count. Just gotta be patient. If anything, if you wanna move to a different state for luck, that's an idea. But above all, don't "downgrade" yourself. Some men are taught to only like skinny girls from their parents and culture believe it or not, and that's not your fault for being different yet beautiful. Don't worry! above all, love yourself first before you even think about looking for a relationship. You don't sound like you love yourself. I do mean love you personality, face, body, all that! It makes s difference and it's important.

• It's hard to love yourself knowing the only guys that have ever pursued you, you ended up having no interest in. I mean I believe I am a pretty girl, maybe the south is not the best place for me. I feel like I am one of those people that have to work my ass off in order to get what I want. Nothing comes easy to me.

What Guys Said 8

• Try a change in environment perhaps, like seek extracurricular activities that has you doing things that really interest you, network, meet friends, meet their friends, meet the friends of those friends. You might find some nice guys there of the type you're interested in, and also build a common ground initially through those shared interests.

• Most I guys I know... don't want skinny, I personally prefer curvy/sexy/beautiful. Confidence/ a happy relaxed persona and a Nice smile means more than body specifics.

You getting hit on, you just need to be where the guys you are interested in are and not near those you aren't.

• "all the guys that pursue me are not my type"

Yeah, you do sound picky. If you're not happy with the guys who hit on you, maybe you should try hitting on a guy.

• Could be that you're too picky for what you have to offer. Usually friends tell you that you deserve better (even when you don't really) so if you have friends calling you picky, maybe you should think about it.

• And if you don't like the quality of what's approaching you, then you need to approach the quality you think you should have.

• It's NOT that you can't get men, it's that you dont want the ones you get. What's wrong with them?

• Maybe got to the gym and try and get to a more skinny look could help.

• I go to the gym 3-4 times per week/ 45-60 min per session -_-

• Hmm this could've been a good mention on the post.

People say I am picky?

Well it -sounds- picky. Guys want you. You don't want those guys. You want different guys.

What sort of guys pursue you? What sort of guys do you want?

• Do something about it. I was underweight my whole life and got no attention unless it was making fun of me. Spent a ton of time at the gym and working on myself and all of a sudden girls that I'd never imagen are into me.

• I go to the gym 3-4 times per week/ 45-60 min per session. Plus, I am on weight watchers

• Good for you. Good things will come in time just be patient.

What Girls Said 4

• "all the guys that pursue me are not my type. Forever alone"
    Yes you are whining.
    To answer your question "Will i always be single" Yes with that attitude. Don't expect prince charming to come galloping out of the woods. If you want someone of your "type" then pursue THEM for a change.

Do nothing, and you will be nothing.

• Damn quite abrupt, but you make a valid point

• #nosympathy

You're only 21.

• It's normal angst! We are all worried about how we look and if we'll be able to attract a good mate. It all has to do, ultimately, with whether we believe will be happy in life or not.

• Focusing on negatives and saying forever alone sounds a bit whiny, yes. Try to focus ont he positives, you are only 21 years old and no one knows the future for certain. Don't think you will be forever alone, that will just drag you down. Try changing something, I saw you are going to the gym which is great! Keep at it.