Do online dating sites work for "average" looking people?

I was considering trying out some dating sites. I'm average looking at best. A little over weight but not huge. My thinking is that since dating sites are basically appearance oriented since you're going off their profile pictures that someone like me, it would be harder to find someone one there. Now if I went out to a club/bar I'd likely run in the same issue. But only difference would be that the girl whom I'm talking to would see my personality. I could make her laugh. Maybe I'm just over analyzing things. I tend to do that. Should I give online dating a try?

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on the site. Some, like Tinder, seem to be a lot more geared toward people who are just looking to hook up, and can involve much shallower people. Others, like OK Cupid, provide a lot more opportunity to showcase personalities. That doesn't mean that everyone on there is going to be looking for someone based on personality, but it does mean that the people who are looking for that have the ability to do so. When I was using online dating, I never met anyone with whom I felt that "spark," but I went on some fun dates and met some interesting people. It doesn't hurt to try, just realize that it does require some effort and that just because you have some good online interactions with someone, it doesn't mean that it will translate to in-person chemistry.

What Girls Said 3

• There are so many types of people on those website. on not just "

• The only thing you can do is try. The worst thing that could happen is your don't meet anyone.

• It's time consuming, you will have a lot of misses. I saw miss, and not a lot of hit, because at least with the guys I've encountered only want sex or they don't answer back. But there is a chance it'll work. I know of couples that met through dating sites, but even they said they had to go through a lot of profiles.

What Guys Said 0