First date advice?

My school's Valentine's Day dance is coming up and I wasn't planning on going until my crush asked me to go to with him and see a movie together afterwards. I know for a fact that he likes me back so I'm not worried about that, but I've never been on a date before and we're both pretty shy people. What is some advice to not getting too nervous (I'm prone to panic attacks) before a first date, as well as making sure it's fun and not awkward?

What Guys Said 2

• Stop overthinking it. Act normal (a. k. a. don't act, just BE YOURSELF), and enjoy yourself.

The more you think about "OMG what I'm I gonna do and say and wear and blah blah blah" the more nervous you'll get.

• The most important thing to keep in mind is that both of you will be nervous, I would even guess he will be more nervous than you will be. You could also break the ice by saying "I'm nervous" in the beginning... that will set the tone and make everything much better. Best of luck with it.

What Girls Said 1

• don't think of him as your date. Might sound weird but think of it as you're hanging out with one of your friends, that way you can just be yourself!