Is a 15 year old girl dating a 20 year old guy okay?

So my friend is dating a 20 year old. She's younger then me so I'm kind of like a big sister to her, but she's still my best friend. They've been dating for a year now and I was wondering your guy's opinion on it? I don't really mind it at all, at first I obviously did, but now I've met him and he's really a good genuine guy. And when I'm asking this question I'm not trying to have anyone get all into laws and stuff, that's already happened to them and there still together... I mean 18 and 23 isn't that bad right?

Would any of you 20year old guys date a 15 year old girl? And I'm not going to lie she doesn't look 15, she looks 17-19 in fact.:)

Most Helpful Guy

• 18 and 23 isn't bad no... but a 15 yr old is not an 18 yr old.

Putting the legal issues aside the main question I have is... What does a 15 yr old and a 20 yr old have in common, aside from sex, that would drive them to pursue a relationship? Just seems hinky to me.

Most Helpful Girl

• Meh.

That's wrong.

The difference in maturity between a 15 year old and a 20 year old is vast. At 15, you are a child. At 20 you are an adult.

Once everyone passes 21, the relevance diminishes because both parties, even though 5 years apart in age are both adults.

:\

What Guys Said 15

• Yes it's ok, as long as they don't end up having sex. the girl is under-age, so the guy would be in deep trouble.

• it looks bad on paper, but in reality it could be so innocent.

• Even tho he's a genuine guy, I would have to say no. I do not like age gaps over 3 years. I've turned girls down that were 16 just because I felt too weird about it. I might date a 17 year old. But that's like me dating a 14 year old and that's is a little creepy. She'd be like a 8th grader or freshman, that's just too weird for me

• I don't care what she looks like, she's not physically as mature as a 18 year old. I've changed so much since I was 15 it's ridiculous, and I'm sure you have too.

• as a 15 year old*

• Aside from legal issues, there are only two things that influence dating age range for me.

Are they mature enough to at least come up to me.
    Are they so different in age that one of us will die way before the other.

If those two things aren't an issue, then there's no issues to me with age. As far as adult minor goes, so long as nothing sexual is hinted at, it's technically fine. But if that can't be maintained, bail out.

• the age gap is no problem at all, the older they get the less important it is. it's more about her actual age... I think it's borderline... in most cases I would probably say no but I guess there are also some where it can be okay

• Pretty wrong if you ask me. It's an adult with a minor. What a pedo

• I think she needs to act her age and slip out of her big girl pants.

• 18 and 23 is fine 15 and 20 while being the same gap is a little more questionable and no just because there's the game age gap doesn't make it same

• No..

• Hell no. People go to prison for that.

Call the police. File a report.

• No, it's illegal...

• That's normal age difference but you are still too young to date I think

• In my country it wouldn't be illegal pedophillia starts at 21 years.

• At that age it is not good! He can be arrested, haven't you seen those Chris Hansen tv shows?

• Not OK in my opinion, at least wait till she is 16.
    But it's still iffy.

I'd question the guy.

What Girls Said 12

• Nope. She's underage and that guy is a pedobear. The 18 and 23 doesn't matter because they're both of legal age.

• Especially since 1 year ago when they started, she was only 14 and he was 19. Like, what the fuck

• It's not the 5 years, it's her actual age. She can't give legal consent in any state in the U. S. (even in ones where this is not statutory rape if they have sex).

• I prefer not

• If they're having a sexual relationship, *absolutely not*. That's not only illegal, it's just... morally wrong.

If it's casual and strictly love, I can't judge if I don't know them.

• It's not ok. 15 is still a kid...

• The law can't abide by this. She could get him in serious trouble.

• Yea it's fine to me. I see no problem at all

• Nope, it's not that bad. It's only 5 years and age doesn't quite matter now unless it's like a 10-year age gap or something

• I mind it BIG time. I do NOT think that is okay. It's too big of an age and maturity gap.

No, thanks!

She's a child!

• Its weird. It's not the age gap, it's the maturity gap. A 15 year old is never going to be in the same mental state as a 20 year old. An 18 year old and a 23 year old can be on the same mental state, because they have both matured. A 15 year old is still a child. They should not be dating an adult.

• Not at all. Anything under 10 years apart in age is not bad. Im 21 and my boyfriend is 27 and weve been together since i was 19

• No it not a bad thing. My parents are ten years apart and are happy and have been married for 15 years.