My boyfriend is in college while I've taken a year off to prepare for an exam. He's been really busy. How do I deal with it?

Its a long distance relationship and we've been together for 1.6 years. He's in college while I'm preparing for my medical college exams so I'm very free and have no social life apart from studying. Now he's aspiring to become an engineer and he has a really hard schedule and he has many meetings so he's really busy nowadays. He tries calling whenever he gets time and he's genuinely really busy but I can't help feeling insecure. He's doing something he always wanted to do passionately and I know its wrong but I'm jealous of his success. I keep waiting for his call and when it gets late I start to panic and call him 20 times. I've turned really clingy and needy and I hate it. We've broken up many times because of this issue. I know he loves me a lot and that he's honestly busy and he tries to give me whatever time he has. I've lots to study for an exam happening after 2 months but I can't concentrate because of this. How do I get rid of this insecurity and needliness? How do I become a supportive girlfriend at this point of time? I'd like guys opinion on how they'd like their girlfriend to be when they're super busy on their dream project.

Most Helpful Guy

• Before we go married, my wife and I were in a long-distance relationship (UK - Turkey) for 6 years and often be upset if I hadn't called her - sometimes I just forgot or was wrapped up in what we were doing. Guys don't work the same way as girls, we can absolutely completely love someone, without them always being on our mind.

If he loves you, he'll make the time, but it might not always be on your terms or when you're free.

To quote Dr. Cox from Scrubs:

"Bottom line is, couples who are truly right for each other wade through the same crap as everybody else, but the big difference is they don't let it take them down. One of those two people will stand up and fight for that relationship every time if it's right and they're real lucky. One of them will say something."

Don't let it break you up, remember those friends who you don't talk to for months, but when you do you pick up right where you left off? Your relationship should have as much trust as that. Trust that a little time not talking won't destroy your relationship - be secure in that.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• A relationship needs closure and mutual understanding. If he doesn't dedicate an amount of time in your relationship, then I am sorry to say this, but you will eventually break up.
    Does he put an effort into the things you tell him to correct?
    When are you planning to stay together?