Should I tell my boyfriend that some guys keep texting me about hooking up and stuff?

I don't reply to them or anything, but should I tell him? I know it's going to make him really angry, since he's a bit possessive and jealous when it comes to these things.

Most Helpful Guy

• Tell him as soon as possible. He should know. U need to be open. I think u are late already for never had told him about it and thats worst part for a guy like that. If u like him and u can work things out with a possessive and jealous guy great but if u afraid about him u shoulnd be on this relationship...

And by the way u can block number and never receive calls or text from them. If u opt for block and dont tell do it fast before some how he glances ur selfphone and finds out and say u cheating...
    ยด

GL BH !

Most Helpful Girl

• Why did you give them your number in the first place?
    I believe it is very childish and "I'm still not out of high school" to try and get the message to a romantic partner, or a potential future partner, that you are so attractive and popular, by bringing other girls/guys into it. It is a complete relationship destroyer. Definitely a NO NO from me.
    However, the best way to do this is to tell them that you get special comments from other females. Don't get me wrong, I don't mean the lesbian way, even though that would work too if you just wanted him to know you are sexually attractive and popular. Like you could say that other female friends or even people you just run into, try to set you up with single guys they know, such as their friends or family, or their boyfriend's bachelor friend, or their sons in the case of elder ladies. It keeps up the "people see me as hot and nice and I'm popular" without actually getting him jealous. Although I'm not too favorable if these techniques anyway, I think they are too cheap and not fighting fair. I definitely would think worse of my partners if they did it. I'm not a very secure person, and I would like to feel like I'm the dream come true for my partner, someone unique to him and special, not just one of a crowd.
    Or if you want to magnify your strong points by talking about them, you could always mention your close girlfriends and like say: The other day we went out shopping with the girls and when we all came out of the dressing room all the girls envied my..." Fill in the blank with whichever feature you are trying to magnify. Such as: my figure, legs, complexion, my beautiful eye color, etc.
    Or you can even go through your sister or cousins. Like ever since we were kids my sister always thought my... was great and she always wanted to be like me and she still does.
    And so on and so forth. See what I'm saying? You can get very creative with this. It doesn't have to just be your physical beauties. You can even use it to mention your character strengths. Just be careful not to overdo it and look fake. This way you will get him to notice your unique and amazing features, and still not be a turn off by making him jealous.
    This was a very good question. I'm glad you asked. And I hope lots of girls AND boys read it too. Because it is a sad and bitter social thing that goes on in our culture, and it makes me sad to see it hurting our youth and their relationships.

What Guys Said 13

• Can't you handle it yourself? Or is this some sick game? You can stop it if you wanted to but something tells me you like it

• That's not always true. Sometimes when a girl tries to ignore male attention that she doesn't want, or even when she tells them to stop, they don't always stop.

• I'd say don't tell him. There's no need to. You're not responding to those messages and telling him about him will just make him question why you're telling him. Some girls (not all) like to bring up things like that to keep their guy off balance.

• It depends - If he found out you didn't tell him, he might react worse - I would tell him and say you are not responding - Of course it also depends on how they got your number

• Why don't you just block the guy and problem solve. The important thing about being faithful is doing the right thing and telling him what you did to prevent it from happening. Unless you gave this guy your number and your boyfriend have no ideal.

• By telling him of this.. like you say you do not reply back so why be concerned about it at all, and open up a can of worms to your boyfriend.. if they keep texting you.. delete all of them.. it is a simple solution

• I'd be concerned to be dating someone who's jealous and possessive and gets angry at you for something that is completely out of your control.

• No, spare him, it's under control.

• In a situation like this, just block the guy and don't mention anything to your boyfriend. You'll start a whole lot of drama over nothing for this.

• Block and don't tell him xD

• Honesty will keep your relationship in a good place. Trust me here.

• Why aren't these guys getting their numbers blocked?

• yes,

• Why are you talking to other men?

What Girls Said 13

• Yes, you should definitely tell them.
    I learned first hand after being in a similar situation that maintaining 100% open lines of communication with your boyfriend at all times is a very important part of fully trusting each other.

I know you're technically doing nothing wrong. But regardless, if he finds out at a later date and not from you, he'll definitely suspect you were doing something wrong or at least planning to. He'd wonder why you didn't tell him if you're truly innocent.

I had a discussion with my boyfriend about that after I straight up told him later on in the evening of the day that I started receiving such texts from a creep. He didn't get mad at all. He thanked me for letting him know and for not being sneaky in any respect.

• hopefully ur this adamant about sticking with your principle when you're jealous, scorned, and on your period.

• @orphan I can't make any sense of what you're saying. What is a slew of adjectives to describe an unhappy state?

• nevermind!

carry on

• Yes, tell him. It'll look bad for you if you don't say anything and he finds out about them. Plus if he actually knows the guys he can help stand up for you and tell them to piss off.

• Personally, i would tell him. I would feel deceitful by keeping it from him. Plus , if he ever found out about it somehow , he may think you had ulterior motives because you didn't disclose it to him. It's best to be upfront , so in the future it can never "come back to bite you" - as though to speak

If I was in this situation I would change my number so he he could never contact me again

• If you know that it'll just hurt him and make him mad, I don't see why you should tell him. You don't even bother replying so what's the point? Just block those guys and move on with your life, no point in dragging your boyfriend into it... unless you just want attention and to cause a lot of unnecessary drama.

• Nope! You should leave your current bf! If he creepy scary possessive!

• You could tell him and also inform him that you are loyal and faithful to him only. He might even give you ways of dealing with the problem. Communications is important but so is trust

• I understand the whole possessive boyfriend thing, but trust me... The LAST thing you want is your boyfriend finding out on his own. It's a slap in the face that it's happening & adding insult to injury if you make it seem like you were hiding it. Tell him, let him get jealous, let him get over it & block the guys number.

• If you don't respond then what's the point? Just delete and ignore. There's no reason to create unnecessary fights.

• Tell him, he'll respect you more for it. If you don't and he somehow finds out, he'll wonder why you didn't tell him and where will the trust be? No secrets.

• no. just handle it on your own, no need to make him stress and get paranoid that guys are into you. if you feel guilty for holding it back thenlet him know but also let him know that you only have eyes for him for reassurement

• He's gonna find out anyway and if you don't tell him and he sees the messages he will think you are hiding something like he might assume up have agreed to the hooking upness so yeah you should probably tell him to save your relationship

• Don't tell him,, if he found out by himself he will trust u more.. If u told him he will wonder

• Just block the guys number and dont tell your boyfriend