How do I tell my boyfriend I was raped?

This was years ago, way before meeting him. I trust him and care about him enough I feel I should share this, but I worry about dropping a bomb on him and /or freaking him out.

Most Helpful Guy

• With words... you know... from your mouth.

If you really wanted to, you could hire some to write it in the sky or put it on a billboard.

I joke. Why should he freak out? Are you not you? Is he not in a relationship with you because he likes who you currently are?
    No, do not be afraid of such things. S

Most Helpful Girl

• just tell him if he doesn't understand well!!!

What Guys Said 2

• If you plan on having a sexual or even long-term relationship, you should tell him about it. Simply because he can understand you more and doesn't become overly pushy about sex or so he doesn't make insensitive jokes about rape or whatnot while he does not know about your situation.

• Sit him down when you two are in a private setting and tell him.

• I just don't want to blindside him... I also don't want to seem dramatic, bc I'm not, and I'm not trying to be.

• Good luck to both you and your boyfriend.

• Thank you! I appreciate your help

What Girls Said 0