Why don't guys approach me?

I go to the Uni. of Nevada, Reno (UNR). Guys never seem to take interest by approaching me or getting my phone number. What are some reasons guys do not approach an attractive girl and actually get her number?

Most Helpful Guy

• Unless a guy is supremely confident, realistically he's not going to come over.

It's a huge risk for a guy to walk over to a girl and ask her out. He could be laughed at and ridiculed and it could pretty much ruin his day - especially with how girls talk and share with their friends and how quickly something like that could spread around Facebook etc.

Subtle hints don't work, strong hints don't work, any hint, unless you're inviting him into your bedroom - won't work.

Straight up tell a guy you like. Just ask him out somewhere - a bar, coffee, a film - wherever. Don't wait for them to approach you.

If a guy doesn't know that you are an option (relationship-wise) he'll choose from the options that he is sure of.

Example: I love BBQ ribs, I also love pizza. If BBQ ribs isn't an option, I'll have pizza.

He has to know that you're an option and hinting doesn't tell him that. He'll probably understand it (unless he's really unobservant) but he won't do anything about it, just in case he is wrong.

• But the supremely confident guys are still everywhere, and that's the type of guys girls want. So her main question is basically why aren't there supremely confident guys like you mentioned approaching her. Like they approach other girls.

• @MyUsernameRules Very true - I see your point. In that case you're probably not giving of the same vibe as the other girls. It depends on how you dress and interact with them, smiling, talking - or just waiting for someone to come over to you?

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 17

• You are not providing sufficient information.

I dated one of the most beautiful women in the world for a while (literally, she is an actress and is on some of those "most beautiful women" lists). She hardly ever got asked out because guys her age turned to jelly around her and older guys thought she wouldn't go out with older guys (they were very wrong about that). I am rich and not intimidated by anyone, so we went out and even had sex on the first date because it had been soooo long for her.

Are you too beautiful that guys think you would never go out with an ordinary guy?
    Are you fat?
    Are you a bitch?
    Do you look like a lesbian?
    Do you turn away and avoid eye contact, making you unapproachable?
    Do you look like you would be high maintenance, or hard to please?
    Are you super intelligent?
    Do you look like you could beat Hulk Hogan in a fair match?

• Approach them yourself. If you're consider yourself attractive and they don't approach, perhaps they think you're too much for them. If you take the lead in the actions, maybe luck will start siding with you.

• As a college guy myself who girls find very good looking i can assure you that guys no matter how hot dont really go around trying to pick women at college , sure it was a dream of mine to be sorrounded with so many pretty but i was quickly to find out that most of them are dating someone or getting ready to be engaged so that kinda turned me off , whenever i see an attractive girl or slightly below attractive i keep thinking " she must be taken , i haven't met an attractive girl whos not taken so why bother?", girls talk a lot and some feel entitled to special treatment or something and a guy who gets rejected in a bad way by a girl or gets made fun of for approaching a girl who thought it was okay to laugh at him will probably have bad memories so we simply decided to avoid such situations , unless the girl makes it clear that she wants something most guys will not really try.

• You probably don't look like you want anyone to approach you, you aren't signaling to guys that you are interested. We can't read minds you know

• Ugh... here we go. Another self-entitled 'princess' who thinks the world owes her guys because she's a girl and believes guys have to make all the moves while sitting on her ass and twiddling her thumbs.

Read this.
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a9876-why-you-women-don-t-get-approached-or-asked-out

• Why should a random guy cold approach a random girl who has shown no interest in the guy? What sense does that make from a risk management perspective?

• They might think,
    you not interested in them.
    you have a boyfriend
    you aren't approachable
    be waiting for you to make a move

• It's not as common to just approach girls out of the blue, other than in certain social situations. I doubt I would just randomly approach a girl in uni, unless she absolutely blew my mind. But if I saw her at a party for example I would do it.

• Probably don't have a welcoming body language

• Perhaps it's something about your personality.. Maybe guys think you are already taken..

• Because we're all little shy mice scampering around. But really, that's me. Sometimes girls have to make the move.

• Do you dress, speak or in any other way give off the feminist vibe?

• Some factors:

-Attitude
    -Hygiene
    -Looks (either he thinks he's below your level, or you're not attractive as you think you might be)
    -Peers (you and/or his)
    -He's not really into you.

• Are you attractive? Got a picture?

• cause your a hideous creature from beyond lol
    make it obvious you're available

• Maybe you're too good looking?

• You must not be approachable

What Girls Said 0