Why does no guy want to be my boyfriend?

Im 25, relatively smart, reserved, friendly, and kind but no guys seem to want to date me. I'm guessing its cause I'm overweight? Guys will sleep with me and I hope for more but it always ends the same. Whoever I'm with I give 100 percent and if I'm lucky I'll get 10 to 30 percent back. I date different types if guys but they aren't as passionate or dedicated like me when it comes to relationships. Is it just our culture? Am I not hot enough to hold a guy down? What is it?

Okay I updated a photo of me the one I had with me in the glasses was about 1-2 years older.
So based on everyone's answers looks are super important :\ oh well. I guess that's just how it is in this day and age.

Most Helpful Guy

• Really? I see nothing wrong, try me. ;)

Most Helpful Girl

• From the sound of it, it seems like you hope for and give too much too soon. I know someone like that because they want to be in a relationship so bad, they don't take the time to analyze the person and what they want first. You have to analyze the situation and get to know a person and see what they're about and find out what they want out of a relationship as well. Just take your time...

What Guys Said 10

• Brutal and shallow truth? I think the weight could be a factor in men overlooking your finer points. I hope that's not too harsh, I really feel horrible commenting on a woman's weight (it goes against my principles), but since you asked and want some tips, I hope this isn't too traumatizing.

I think you would be the type that could really benefit from heavy weight training (8-12 rep strenuous sets). Most women are shy to build muscle thinking they'll turn into the hulk. That won't happen unless you become a bodybuilder. Instead the muscle combined with a decent diet will help burn fat and maintain a trim body.

That said, you have cute-looking features but they're kind of hidden by your fashion sense. I don't think the red lipstick looks so good with that dark hair and light complexion, and I think you would do much better with straight or wavy hair. Maybe try for a more natural and softer look, avoiding harsh features like the contrasting red lipstick.

Another thing is that your glasses are pretty strong, they shrink your eyes, and so much of the idea of cuteness is often based around bigger eyes (which you have, but your glasses narrow). It might help a lot if you wore contacts.

Mostly, even more than the weight, your fashion sense is screaming for a makeover. You might try asking some of your girly friends who look really fashionable to kind of help you with a makeover, really show off those girly features. That might help more than anything else.

• I applaud you for giving a non-PC answer. As a big-eyed woman who wears glasses and is also of color, I think those things hurt me for example. But you don't want men who cannot accept your glasses. I need to see! And I love my brown skin, so if that discourages some guys, their problem. But these things affect a woman's chances, no doubt. If a guy is real my girl, he will wait to see behind the glasses. As someone with a "well-endowed" body according to some guys, I also refuse to be anyone's half-time. Perhaps you should try not being available to them for whatever they are willing to give. Set standards. I am only available if you are all in, I am not available just for fun.

• I've seen tons of fat chicks with bfs. Not always true.

• @KawaiiPie67 That's very true, but I think specifically when someone is asking how to get a boyfriend and attract male attention, one of the easier things to work on is fitness, fashion, appearance. I think it's also rather therapeutic if one were to develop a negative outlook as a result of the lack of attention from the opposite sex.

• Your style is unorthodox, and your desperation in allowing guys to run you over in bed further diminishes your value.

Male horniness is cheaper than sand.

I'd suggest refining your style and being more selective. Everyone is willing to apply for a position, but you should only accept the right fit for the long run.

• Not much to go on here but based on your " I give 100 percent" I would guess one reason could be that you come on too strong. Too much, too soon.

• I think you answered your own question, but I wouldn't consider changing your appearance an impossible task. Lets face it, men are visual creatures. There may be some guy out there for you who will accept you for who you are, but it's better to always look upon improving yourself in the process instead of playing the waiting game. Maybe a different hairstyle, better looking glasses or contacts and a loss of some weight. As you improve your looks you'll feel more confident and project yourself as such. JMO (Hope my comments weren't too harsh, just trying to help)

• don't worry hun you're not the only girl, and trust me if guys are having sex with you than your fine, and your not ugly

I need you too understand something we don't trust women, that's the truth so we chose not to get into anything serious, but there are guys out there that want a relationships but usually there ugly just being honest, not saying average or hot guys don't want relationships but it's less for them, cause they have more opportunity

• A lot of people are like that sadly. I personally think that people shouldn't judge so quickly, but that's the kind of world we live in. Our eyes make a lot of decisions for us that I feel we would be much better off leaving up to our brains.

• If you changed your appearance into the most beautiful woman in the world, you would get all kinds of male attention...

And probably grow to hate them...

Just my guess...

• I'm sure you would've got enough proposals on your inbox by now 😜

• Date older guys who would appreciate you for who you are and what you both enjoyed together. Older men make much better lovers and truly appreciate ladies like yourself. I know I would!

• Yea prolly cos u overweight

What Girls Said 3

• You should first and foremost put value and confidence into yourself. You value shouldn't be based on any person you are pursuing. Once you love and appreciate yourself you will see a change. "You attract what you are, Not what you want. If you want greatness you must be great."

• U say ur reserved. That might be partly why. U need to flirt with guys so U can hang out with them eventually! Keeping to yourself doesn't help much with getting a boyfriend in my exp.

• In ur pic, U srsly look cute! I think if U flirt more getting a boyfriend won't be a problem at all.

• are you a salty bitch? if you are there's your answer. But if not, then maybe it is looks. Most guys just want big ass and big tits these days. Sorry to break it to you huney