Is this how a shy guy acts?

I've been talking to my crush for a while now, we go to the same school, and in conversation he's shy but very sweet and opening up gradually. But the problem is, if we're not talking and we're in the same room, he's usually on the other side and if I come near him to grab something he'll turn the other way with his back to me. He's not mad so I don't understand why he always turns his back if I'm heading his way. If he walks by me, too, he'll not look at me. But he still says bye to me when leaving and is receptive in conversation.

Is he shy or does he not like me?

What Guys Said 2

• He's shy and trying to mask interest.

• but isn't turning ones back kinda a negative sign? I get him trying to look away etc. but he literally turns his back to me? I'm shy and I don't turn my back I just look down/away usually...

• That's the thing. Openly showing interest and getting rejected is something we shy guys go to extra lengths to avoid. Even if we want to, it's an unconscious reaction to someone we like.

• Yeah he's shy

What Girls Said 1

• He's very shy.