Are men stupid for chasing women?

I've been on this dating website, not to date, just so I can use the forums on the site. I've made it clear on my profile that I'm not looking for a relationship. However, I ended up having a chat with some women and they admitted to me that they're not looking for a relationship, even though their profile says that they are. They basically just wanted attention.

I've always said that if every man, or most men, stopped chasing women and giving them attention, the majority of women would eventually start chasing men. Maybe MGTOW isn't such a bad idea. What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• chasing women is bs! seriously who believes in this shit? Its never worth chasing after a women even if she is very pretty! Just treat her like every body else, if she shows no respect or is trying to sell you shit, cut the line with her and look for the next girl! by the way there are a lot more guys who are "bf-material" than girls "gf-material" so use it to your advantage! Don't let them play you play the shit out of them.

What Girls Said 8

• I think if two people are genuinely interested in each other then they should both put in the effort to pursue one another. It isn't a case of "chasing"... it's a case of just showing signs of interest

I don't expect a guy to "chase" me , but if he isn't making an effort to get to know me then i would assume he felt indifferent about me. I wouldn't pursue a guy if he wasn't making an effort to show me that he wanted to be part of my life , or wanted to know me as person.

If two people want to start dating then they need to let each other know where the other one stands, if not then it's ended before it's had a chance to begin.

• men who chase women that aren't worth it are stupid.
    men who chase women that are worth it are very intelligent.

• Just as stupid as women are for allowing them to, I guess.

• I like to know they like me, but if they are too keen too early its a put off. I do morning texts and sit and talk to a guy for ages but im scared to show im really interested incase it scares them off. Im shy aswell so would probably be single for the rest of my life if guys didn't case me

• Nope it's human nature we are all wired to reproduce

• If it's worth it, can never be stupid, question is if you think it's worth the effort and time.

• I've never had a man/guy chase me and I often see questions or discussion about men being obligated to chase. Hmmm... I must not be worth chasing. :-( I feel worse than I did before... this is depressing.

• And if the world were flat Columbus would've fallen off

What Guys Said 11

• A wise man once said: "The common misconception is that women don't want sex and men do. That's not true, women want sex as much as men do, they just want it like 15 minutes later than the guys. So if you hold out for 20 minutes, she's chasing you for 5."

I flipped the script on girls a long time ago. I'm not saying I never did any chasing, of course I did. I just decided I wasn't going to do all of it. Why am I the cat and she's the mouse? Why is she the prize and I'm the one vying for it? Fuck that, I'M the prize. Or at least i'm no less of a prize than her. I'm not a dick about it, I always remain a gentleman, but if the chick is looking for a guy to do cartwheels to impress her, peace, I'm on to the next one. No hard feelings and it's nothing personal, but I'm not playing that game, you set yourself to be in a submissive position going forward if you go for a chick who will only take you if you totally sell out for her, and why would she ever have any respect for you? It's better to be single than in an imbalanced relationship, so you just have to pick your spots wisely.

• "I've always said that if every man, or most men, stopped chasing women and giving them attention, the majority of women would eventually start chasing men." That's a true statement but I don't see it happening because you simply won't be able to unite all men into this and mind you some individuals are opportunists means they'll use your ideology for them to achieve more. If every woman stopped or started doing something, it will affect society just as much but, same thing again, uniting all women into something will be almost impossible.

I don't think MGTOW is a bad idea if you practice it properly. There's nothing wrong with abandoning relationships and focusing on your own. I assume that maybe this current generation is having too many hardships due to the ongoing change. Gender roles are crumbling, women are getting liberated, masculinity getting redefined, hookup culture on the rise.. etc. It's like a country in a post-revolution phase. Things get pretty bad then settle down in time.

• To be honest i think men should not chase women, espacially in this day and age. Maybe in the past when it was expected, yes, but i think times have changed now. Equality is here and that should involve chasing. ie both the girl and the boy should chase eachother. Both should be running towards eachother and not the girl running and the boy chasing her. I have read MGTOW stuff and i do think it helps guys in a way as it lets you focus on yourself and let women come to you because they are interested... so you can go to her if that makes sense. To put it frankly, why put all the effort and time to chase girls who often just play games or are just not interested in you but just enjoy the attention? This is why guys go crazy, use that energy and focus on doing something more worthwhile. If a great girl comes along, shows interest and wants to come nearer to you then you get closer ie chase. Thats how i see it.

• Don't like the word "chasing" - it smacks off desperation and power loss...

Getting a great girl so you can have the life you really want - if that is what you want - is a great goal, don't you think? Even if you need to hustle around to get it?

• Stupid for chasing the wrong women yeah, but not for chasing the women that are worth it.

• If the girls don't come to him... he's got to do what he's got to do.

• Lol no. I don't chase women anymore but nothing changed haha. Not that I expected a change but saying. I've made it clear that I'm planning to stay single forever.

• Prejudice. No, it's not stupid, it would be stupid if you do it blindly.

• Women chase me..

• Chasing women is stupid.

Using a dating site and chasing women are not necessarily the same thing.

Asking a woman out once is not 'chasing'. Trying to do a massive song and dance routine to get her to sit down and have a coffee or a drink with you is stupid.

If she's looking for more than attention and you have in your profile stuff she likes, she'll be willing to meet up. If she's not, move on.

• Totally. Absolutely undoubtedly. Life is too short to waste our precious time on transforming to an abomination that attracts women, and spending vital energy and resourses for that purpose. As long as there will be men unplugged from the gynicentric matrix, the MGTOW will thrive and survive.