Would It be easier for me to get girls if I were good looking?

i think that whole "looks aren't everything " argument about dating is crap because i see so many good looking dudes with pretty girls and i have no luck with them as well since i'm ugly.

Most Helpful Girl

• The truth is looks AREN'T everything, but just because they "aren't" everything, doesn't mean it's the ONLY thing... in fact that's just the superficial part of being attracted... "visually"... as far as the female brain goes, what's most important is how you captivate a girl's interest... so if you can't keep her interested, your looks did not serve you good, and you must start again with another girl... who is more compatible with YOUR personality and likes. Not all girls are into the same type of guys, or attracted to the same type of guys.

Just like there's very shallow and superficial men, there's also stuck up superficial women! BUT the majority of girls can fall harder for someone's personality than for someone's "looks"! ... so if your personality sucks! or you're too shy or too mad at the world, ... then it will be harder for you to attract anyone at all if you add to that an ugly body or an ugly face.. so you see... You must work with what you have! and make the best of it. Do not feel bitter and start being a hateful person just because you've been rejected. Perhaps you're just attracted to the wrong type of girl... and by wrong, I mean the girls you're going for are the exact girls who DON"T go for guys like you... and the girls that WOULD go for you, are probably the type of girls you NEVER look at.

Anyway: Side note! Our brains do NOT work like yours. We cannot just be satisfied by looking at a pretty face or a nice body and fall in love... Although it can be important on some level... because there MUST be at least some type of physical attraction, the way you make a girl feel is key.

What Girls Said 5

• Honestly I seen your picture and you look fine to me. I feel the same way. I can't get a boyfriend either. I think I'm so loving it scares guys away lol. I'm not even a creepy kind of loving either I'm just a romantic, flirtatious one.. but guys don't really take initiative with me it sucks. Maybe there's nothing wrong with us.. maybe there's something wrong with the world.. lol

• Looks are important as physical attraction is needed in any healthy relationhip. However good looks alone won't always be enough to keep a relationship. In fact in most cases it won't be enough. It might be easier to get girls but it won't necessarily make it possible for you to keep them if you don't have a good personality as well. Also looks and beauty is highly subjective and people fall for another for many reasons. I legit fell for my boyfriend for his smile in terms of looks. He has the most beautiful smile and that alone is what attracted me to him a lot and what stood out. Something simple yet powerful.

• Looks aren't always important, so don't worry. The time will come when you're ready to be in a relationship. Patience is always key, even tho it's so annoying to just wait and not do anything. Above all though just keep being yourself ( unless you're a pain in the butt, change that ;) but seriously just be patient.

• Looks lure you in, a personailty makes you stay

• Attractiviness helps both sexes, but if you are dumber than a can of corn, you are doomed.

What Guys Said 3

• Well, physical attractiveness will certainly help you yes, but that's not the only thing, your personality and the way your carry yourself, your thought process are the ones that will eventually get you girls.

• Looks are very important. Even though I never saw myself as ugly, the fact that a girl has never liked me in my life gives me no choice but to believe that I must be ugly.

• Yes, absolutely.