Would you date a girl who don't want to split the bills?

• yes
  • no

Most Helpful Guy

• Mlle., this is what you should expect out of any decent man, who truly enjoyed your company. No Lady should ever be asked to "split" expenses for company.

Even in the vilest of senses I can think of think of...

Most Helpful Girl

• If I'm asked on a date I would like him to pay if he knows me. Like a friend that could be something more. I would pay for myself if he wanted but that would be a bit of a turn off. If I'm asked on a date by a stranger I would rather go Dutch because I believe it is a "waste" of money if y'all don't hit it off. I do like to do things the old fashioned way. Not because I'm cheap or don't have money but the first couple dates with someone I like and that is liking me I'd hope he'd pay. I was raised that way. After becoming exclusive I'd pay for the bill sometimes just as he would and we could go dutch.
    In all honesty though, I don't like to date it seems too uptight. I like to hangout. Go for a walk or somewhere fun but doesn't cost much if anything.
    This site has a lot of guys that don't want to pay for a girl they asked out but I've never met a guy that even let me pay when I've tried and offered to cover the bill. It makes no sense to me. My only guess is that this is a small site and there are more men that still are chivalrous out there than the guys of gag portray.

What Guys Said 22

• meaning she pays for her own food and I pay for mine?

sure

• My understanding is that the man ought to pay unless the woman requested the date, in which case it's acceptable and probably the better course (no pun intended) for her to foot the bill. So, yes.

• If she expects a certain way of treatment, then she better
    expect certain demands from him back.

I respect every woman equally much as I respect every man, neither will receive any special treatment, outside of kindness. If she, in a mutual love-filled relationship expects to get and not to give, then said relationship, more than likely, won't last very long.

I don't mind always paying as it's not exactly money I lack
    but I believe it to be common courtesy, to at the very least ask.

• Eh.. I wouldn't mind if she wanted to take me out on dates sometimes too. I don't like when things go all one way in a relationship. I'll pay when I take her out if she wanted to pay when she takes me out. That or we could split the check. This isn't the 1950s anymore so there are other ways to show my love and commitment besides buying everything.

• Yes. A loyal girlfriend deserves more than everything , actually bills isn't that important for dating

• Nope, if she feels I need to pay for her to be in my presence and spend time with me then I'm not interested.

• Yes I would. . . . that would be the last date.

• Of course not, I don't wanna date a baby, who the heck does she think she is? -_-

• I always pay for the first several times. So yes in this sense.

But if she's using me for money, I may date her temperarily for a bit if I find her hot but I'll always know she's not for wifey and keep my eyes and options open.

If it's a buisness relationship, I pay ad get get what I want and move on to someone who looks better or wants to build something without money being such a determining factor.

Of course she won't know this.

• haha I'm not paying for everything xD 50/50 is fine unless she really has financial troubles I'd pay of course...

• If she wants to embrace outdated social norms I've got no problem with that as long as she understands that we'll be embracing ALL of the outdated social norms...

• like what outdated social norms?

• Then yeah I wouldn't really have a problem with dating someone like that. I just refuse to enter into a situation where I'd be given all of the responsibility without actually being in charge.

• Yea he will not be fair

• What, like rent? Nah, she's going to have to split the rent and other bills. Why would I pay for all of that just so she can live for free? That's not right, for either gender.

• Not if I have to pay every single time we go out and do something

• No, she should pay her way.

• if she sucks my dick

• Meaning I pay for everything, every time? Hell no.

• Only if she dedicates her life and meaning to me, of course I would gladly make her feel special every time. If she likes to make a lot of the decisions in the relationship than we splitting everything

• No, that seems pretty selfish. I believe in 50/50.

• I wouldn't. I don't date for the purpose of paying for other people's stuff.

• No i would not.

• When I was younger, I was happy to play the traditional role's responsibilities while expecting nothing back from her.

If I were dating now, I can play it either way. But not pick and choose.

• Sure why not. As long as she wash, cooks, clean etc

What Girls Said 3

• Where is the chivalry you guys? Wow, you guys should be ashamed of yourselves. You are much older than my first boyfriend. He would pay everytime we would go out to eat. And when he would I would sometimes invite for dessert. But still, if you love the girl money should never be an issue. Other times, we would go buy groceries (he paid) and we both cooked together a meal. Honestly, I believe if you really care about the girl you see it more like an INVESTMENT rather than spending or wasting money. The ones who want to split demonstrate that they have no intentions of staying with girl nor do they truly care. And yes she can also invite you on a date and pay for both of you guys.

• Chilvary is NOT dead. I encourage you to watch a film, entitle "El Cid".
      I true man looks after his Lady. A true Knight would fight to the death for ANY Lady's virtue.
      A Knight is but a Servant...

• And He Serves His King, like it or not.

• tbh western men (esp white dudes) are pretty all or nothing about this. they want either u to follow all modern norms or all traditional norms. men from more traditional backgrounds wouldn't as often fuss about it and actually prob wouldn't let u pay.

personally id rather alternate paying whole bills cause splitting seems too messy. if he wanted to do the majority cuz he found it more gentlemanly, its up to him. i would try to contribute more in other ways. not a big deal. financially caretaking is traditionally and maybe even biologically in a way an attractive feature on a male much like dolling up is an attractive feature on a female. it is what it is

• I think that person that asks for a first date should (offer to) pay for that one, but after a few dates, couples should take turns doing things or split the bill.