Do you plan on having a prenup signed before you get married?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 20

• We didn't do one, because, I'm go hard or go home. Promises are promises, I don't break 'em. I wouldn't have even wanted to pay a lawyer's piddly-ass fee to draft one up.

M'boy had no incentive -- I've always been the higher earner, and it was pretty clear from the get-go that I would be.
    That boy's a hustler. LOL I'm sure one woulda been shoved under my nose if the roles were switched. Who knows.

Did you see that other thread where I posted the numbers I'd have to pay that boy if something possessed him to leave me right now? Shiiiittttt

• I don't really care either way. If he wants one I'll sign one but I honestly don't see the need for one arising if we didn't work out. We're both good people and we are both independent. We're not having kids so there aren't any complications there. If we were to split it don't imagine us going any other route than divying up shared assets proportionate to what we put in and moving on.

• I don't plan on it but if he wanted one I would be fine with it, I don't want his ass trying to take my merch.

• Nah I am gonna take all his money hahah! joking* Who in the world would marry me to begin with! Even if I was rich no I would not. Its called sharing. Poor guy should get at least half my stuff (: He had to put up with me (:

• I have a prenup. Not that I think he's going to screw me over or anything, but it's to protect both of us and our future children.

• If he asks me I would get a bit offended, I wouldn't mind doing it, but I would feel that he doesn't trust me enough.
    I don't want his money, I'm planning on having a career anyways...

• If I get rich one day then yea, vice versa

• I would love for my husband and I to do everything together as in build our home, furnish, etc as one.. but if we dont. I dont think I would want a prenup. To me , it seems so divided and I am all about unity.

• I'm not opposed to them like I once was. The thing I kind of love about them is it forces you to look at the business side of your relationship instead of solely focusing on the emotional.

• That's a good point. Especially BC sometimes people impulsively jump into marriages at young ages sometimes, which I think we have both seen examples of that.

• I would do a civil marriage
    and then if he insists and I am sure about it I ll do a religious marriage

• If I get married, yes. I don't see anything wrong with wanting to protect yourself.

• God yes. I have some assets that I want to protect.

• Absolutely, what's mine is mine and vice versa. We marry for love so if he really loves me and not my money he will sign

• Hhaha oh yeah I am! I'm inheriting money from my parents so if I get a divorce the guy is not getting any of that 😂😂😂

• Maybe, depends on the situation. His family background, his income etc.

• I am already having a hard time getting guys to approach me and the last guy I approached turned out to be engaged so the last thing I'm thinking about is marriage. I have not even found a guy who likes me

• um no don't need one

• I don't know. didn't think about it. i wouldn't mind

• I don't want it to be that way. As @redeyemindtricks put it, go hard or go home.

• fuck no. U ain't gonna get ma booty if u ask for one

What Guys Said 18

• What I don't get is why we need prenups to begin with in today's society. The way divorce law is set up is based upon how society worked way back when. Women during those times were considered stay at homes with no safety nets in case of a divorce. They relied on the man to provide so it was considered unethical to just leave her high an dry. But now a days women are independent and we can all make something out of ourselves without having to depend on anyone. So I think marriage laws need to change to fit this era. In short yes I'm getting a prenup before I marry. It's going to be awkward but I'm not going to have archaic laws be in the contract.

• Probably yeah but I don't know I'd have to do some serious thinking on it when the time comes, I mean it's not the most romantic thing in the world but in this day and age. It is probably the safest thing to do financially, and it protects not only you but your partner as well. It's better to be safely in love then foolishly in love.

• I have thought of it yes because not only do you inherit their stuff but also their debt. But maybe that will change when I get married

• Isn't it like a step back? I wouldn't do this instead I'd want to be right about whom I choose and whether I'm right for them, It wouldn't have come to this if people didn't marry so mindlessly.

• Yep.

I have assets that are mine, and will stay mine.

Men are still screwed over in divorce courts too much, and the divorce rate is too high these days. It's far easier for people to divorce than to work through problems.

Plus, I look at it this way: If they aren't planning on divorcing me, then they should have no problem signing it.

• Hell yeah I have assets to protect.

• I'm not planning to be getting married but, if it came down to it somehow there's %100 going to be a prenup.

• ... i don't plan on it. But sure if the girl is worth it.

• Yepp

• not unless i win the lottery

• nah.. i wanna take her stuff.

• I don't plan on getting married; however, if I changed my mind then yes I would.

• Obviously, it would be crazy not to.

• Wish question

• I don't plan on getting married but if by some sorcery I changed my mind I wouldn't get one.

• why bro, u getting married soon?

• no, i think it sends a bad message

• Why bother wasting each others time?