My crush asked me on a date but hasn't asked to go out, what does this mean?

So my crush of 5 months just asked me on a date to the movies and he knows that I like him but he hasn't asked me to go out with him? Does this mean he might ask me out?

We already picked out what movie we are going to see, and I'm asking if there is a chance that he will ask me out
He hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend

Most Helpful Guy

• A date is a good sign.. Go with it. If things go well then it could definitely turn into a relationship.

Most Helpful Girl

• DOn't rush things! If he's into you he will make you his girlfriend. Take things slow and see getting asked to the movies a good sign!

What Guys Said 11

• wait, he asked you to go to the movies but he hasn't asked you out? You mean he just hasn't set a date or something? If that is the case, then you are being way to passive. You waited 5 months for him to ask you out and now that he has and showed his interests you still want him to do all the work? Just ask him 'when are you taking me out, b/c I am waiting.'

• Yes you'll start dating and then he'll ask you to be his girlfriend. According to GAG.

• If he likes you and you like him and both of you know it. I think it's an obvious yes. He maybe nervous. Maybe you should just say hey I saw this movie commercial we should see it. Then based off the response id go from there.

• He's too scare he is just a boy.

• Maybe :P

• Could you clarify what you're asking?

• Assuming he's your age, he's shy about it

• ehh... he has asked you to go to the movies and you wait for him to ask you out... ?

• A date is asking out.

• It means you're 15, and there' not much 15 year olds can do, for dates

• And here I was thinking asking someone on a date and asking someone to go out was the same thing.

What Girls Said 6

• Oh, like "go steady" as us old folks called it.

Don't expect it until a few dates in.

• maybe he busy?

• He asked you out!! Say Yes !! Say Yes! :)

• If he already asked you to the movie then tell him which movie you would like to see and ask if he is interested in it.

• Isn't that the same thing date and going out?

• Maybe he wants you to suggest the time to go